Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Eyes Voluntary: Why Should We Wait on Povetkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Joshua #2? Wow. They REALLY want him to fight for their belt. Jesus.
    If Wilder is still holding the belt, that fight won't happen for another three years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Joshua #2? Wow. They REALLY want him to fight for their belt. Jesus.

Mauricio Sulaiman is starry eyed at the prospect of a heavyweight knockout machine who can draw even more Brits than Ricky Hatton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        Jennings didn't get knocked down four times, and didn't get knocked down by a jab when he faced Klitschko's, unlike povetkin
        Povetkin came to win, and was clinched to death for it. Jennings turned up for a payday & to survive.

Comment

• I hope people are not stupid enough to fall for what Wilder is doing here. Both teams just need to sit down and work out a date, hopefully they can make the fight early next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            Povetkin came to win, and was clinched to death for it. Jennings turned up for a payday & to survive.
            povetkin was also decked 4 times and hurt repeatedly with punches. people seem to forget that part

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              povetkin was also decked 4 times and hurt repeatedly with punches. people seem to forget that part
              Wlad is an extremely hard puncher and also shoves after his punches land.

Povetkin went down, but he got up and still looked okay. I've never seen Povetkin hurt in any of his fights that I can remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                Like i said, Povetkin came to WIN. Janitor Jennings showed up to get paid, he ran from Wladimir all night, and still got shut out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                  Wlad is an extremely hard puncher and also shoves after his punches land.

Povetkin went down, but he got up and still looked okay. I've never seen Povetkin hurt in any of his fights that I can remember.
                  he was wobbled pretty badly in that 8th round and dropped twice legitimately. I agree he can take a shot tho

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Like i said, Povetkin came to WIN. Janitor Jennings showed up to get paid, he ran from Wladimir all night, and still got shut out.
                    yea,,,,no doubt that povetkin risked it more. jennings was in a defensive shell al night

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      it is an obvious fight to make, but it should have happened already. if i had been in charge of wilder, his two voluntary defences would have been thompson and jennings for the american audience, and then give povetkin the fight that he deserves. this route would have not only made more money but it also would have satisfied more fans

also, i guess i can't be mad at jennings for turning down ortiz if he had a shot at wilder waiting for him
                      That would have been stupid. You do realise that wilder had a hand operation after the Stirvirne fight because he hurt his hand early in that fight right? Why would you have him fight top opponents immediately after that?

He didn't even throw the right hand against Molina in the first three rounds, not until Molina got that lucky shot in. And even after that, he only threw it sparingly and actually knocked Molina down twice with a LEFT hook, and this is wilder we tokn bwt, when have you ever seen him cagey about using his right hand, his main weapon?

Why would he fight Povetkin, Jennings, or any of those guys without his hand? Obviously the Molina fight was meant to ease him in, the dehaupus fight was to see if the hand can hold up against a granite chin, which is why an opponent who was never knocked down before was chosen and also why he threw that right hand unlike when he fought Molina.

The question you should ask is why Povetkin wanted the fight barley after Wilder's operation, and then changed his tune when he realised that Wilder's team ain't stupid and chose to fight after the negotiation deadline to stall the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X