No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Canelo is Slim and Trim For Miguel Cotto Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    He doesn't want to go that high because he still considers himself as a junior middleweight and plans to continue to campaign there (though that could change should he beat Cotto).

You can tell he squeezes down to make weight during the weigh ins and he rehydrates into the 170s. I think for the Angulo fight, he went up to 174, 19 lbs overnight.
    Facts: Pre-Fight Weight In
    Canelo vs Angulo : Alvarez 170 - Angulo 174
    Canelo vs Trout - Alvarez 172 - Trout 171
    Canelo vs Mayweather - Alvarez 165 - Mayweather 152

I can't find the official weight ins for Canelo vs Lara and Canelo vs Kirkland, almost can guarantee that Canelo was like 172 and Kirkland was like 174 for that fight.

Conclusion - Almost all Super Welterweights rehydrate between the 165 175 pounds the day of the fight. There's some big dudes in that division. Maidana a welter rehydrated to 165 lbs for the first Floyd fight he looked huge.

Final Word: Get out of here with your weights arguments, they aren't worth a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
      http://www.boxing news24.com/2014/03/canelo-weighed-174-lbs-for-angulo-fight-last-night/

This source says he was 174 on fight night against Angulo. This was also his first fight starting the 155 catchweight trend, so it's safe to assume he rehydrates up to 20 lbs overnight since then.

Conclusion - Almost all Super Welterweights rehydrate between the 165 175 pounds the day of the fight. There's some big dudes in that division. Maidana a welter rehydrated to 165 lbs for the first Floyd fight he looked huge.
      What's your point? That just means that those people who rehydrate 20 lbs overnight are probably too big for their division also. Hell, Cotto did that for a bit when he was a JWW. Know what he did? He moved his ass up to WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        http://www.boxing news24.com/2014/03/canelo-weighed-174-lbs-for-angulo-fight-last-night/

This source says he was 174 on fight night against Angulo. This was also his first fight starting the 155 catchweight trend, so it's safe to assume he rehydrates up to 20 lbs overnight since then.

What's your point? That just means that those people who rehydrate 20 lbs overnight are probably too big for their division also. Hell, Cotto did that for a bit when he was a JWW. Know what he did? He moved his ass up to WW.
        1)************???????? are you kidding me? you take that as a primary source? it's like comparing wikipedia to a PhD's book.

2) My point is you using double standards, by your standards Trout, Angulo, Kirkland, Martirosyan, Charlo's, Bundrage etc shouldn't be fighting at Superwelterweight at all, All boxers do it in different divisions, it don't matter, as long as you can get with it you'll do it. Bradley (A Welterweight) according to a Joel Diaz interview at one time on his career had a 180lbs walk around weight. Using weight as excuse is an overrated term nowadays.

This is prize fighting, not an ethical or moral conglomerate. if you can get any little advantage on your game you'll do it because that's how you earn your living.

Comment

Canelo vs Trout - Alvarez 172 - Trout 171
          Canelo vs Mayweather - Alvarez 165 - Mayweather 152

I can't find the official weight ins for Canelo vs Lara and Canelo vs Kirkland, almost can guarantee that Canelo was like 172 and Kirkland was like 174 for that fight.

Final Word: Get out of here with your weights arguments, they aren't worth a penny.
          I was surprised to hear commentators say Julian Williams (who I thought looked average size at 154) rehydrates to 170+

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            I was surprised to hear commentators say Julian Williams (who I thought looked average size at 154) rehydrates to 170+
            Nowadays most of the boxers are guys who drain themselves to fight at lower classes, this way they gain a "power advantage", it's not rare but some stupid dude from a trashy boxing site started this "Weight Dillema" since Canelo fought Trout and they both weighted 170+ the night of the fight. the rare thing is that he only mentioned Canelo on the article, and the haters started to spread the word around the boxing community.

Rare are the boxers who fight at their walking around weight. Floyd is the perfect example for that, yet you'll find these dumb fans always talking about weight when a Canelo thread appears.

Comment

If Canelo come in at 170 plus on fight night Cotto is in trouble.

Comment

Nowadays most of the boxers are guys who drain themselves to fight at lower classes, this way they gain a "power advantage", it's not rare but some stupid dude from a trashy boxing site started this "Weight Dillema" since Canelo fought Trout and they both weighted 170+ the night of the fight. the rare thing is that he only mentioned Canelo on the article, and the haters started to spread the word around the boxing community.

Rare are the boxers who fight at their walking around weight. Floyd is the perfect example for that, yet you'll find these dumb fans always talking about weight when a Canelo thread appears.
                dont waste your time, fanboys dont know the difference between weigh-in weights and fight night weights... heck, many of them dont even know that changed long time ago...

Comment

I'm concerned he is going to peak well before the fight. With his already crap stamina this would be a disaster. Still picking him to beat Cotto but this is concerning me.

Comment

Working...
                  X