• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valero View Post
    Man I love this highlight!

This happens to be my favorite.

Comment

The biggest wee man in the world

Comment

Probably the cleanest and purest form of defensive, counterpunching mastery? There's seldom a clinch to be found in Rigo's world, it's an unnecessary tactic when you possess that level of footwork. Rigondeaux gonna range find, own the center of the ring, control and maintain distance, smash you with hard precise counters and sneaky leads while dipping in-and-out of range whenever and however he sees fit. There's really nobody else in the world that wins more rounds while taking less punishment. He's sort of beautifully one-dimensional in a way that he boxes very judiciously to his strengths, very rarely if ever deviates from that and forcibly implements his style on opponents. He owns distance like few I ever seen, and he doesn't even need an elite jab to do it. The amount of pop he generates in his shots is something quite rare for such a defensive minded pugilist: forget about getting your respect, he'll deter you from even wanting to let your hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hands of Iron View Post
          Probably the cleanest and purest form of defensive, counterpunching mastery? There's seldom a clinch to be found in Rigo's world, it's an unnecessary tactic when you possess that level of footwork. Rigondeaux gonna range find, own the center of the ring, control and maintain distance, smash you with hard precise counters and sneaky leads while dipping in-and-out of range whenever and however he sees fit. There's really nobody else in the world that wins more rounds while taking less punishment. He's sort of beautifully one-dimensional in a way that he boxes very judiciously to his strengths, very rarely if ever deviates from that and forcibly implements his style on opponents. He owns distance like few I ever seen, and he doesn't even need an elite jab to do it. The amount of pop he generates in his shots is something quite rare for such a defensive minded pugilist: forget about getting your respect, he'll deter you from even wanting to let your hands go.

Great post .

Comment

Working...
          X