Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Europe is it that big of a deal to beat a Mexican or African American fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Europe is it that big of a deal to beat a Mexican or African American fighter?

I noticed that Europeans wear it like a badge of honor. When a Mexican or an AA beats a European, usually the end result is, "well they werent that good to begin with." PLEASE dont take this the wrong way, Im moreso interested as to how Mexican and AA fighters are viewed...

why are you clowns on here so fussed about different races, grow up and get a life ffs

Comment

There's honestly no difference.

It only matters when you beat up a champion of repute, which is as it should be really.

Comment

Doesn't mean anything.

Froch beating Taylor was great because of how he did it, but it's way down the list of his best wins.

Brook beating Porter was also great because of the hype, but race is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

It only matters when you beat up a champion of repute, which is as it should be really.
          Absolutely agree. But on NSB that is not the case more times than not. Goes both ways though.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Doesn't mean anything.

Froch beating Taylor was great because of how he did it, but it's way down the list of his best wins.

Brook beating Porter was also great because of the hype, but race is irrelevant.
            In the case of Froch, its not like he did anything that hadnt been done before. And as for Brook, NSB is notorious for fights becoming won by wider margins as time passes. Split and majority decisions turn into schoolings after a while. I also dont think people realize how close Porter vs Brook was, it was about as close as Brook vs Julio Diaz 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              In the case of Froch, its not like he did anything that hadnt been done before. And as for Brook, NSB is notorious for fights becoming won by wider margins as time passes. Split and majority decisions turn into schoolings after a while. I also dont think people realize how close Porter vs Brook was, it was about as close as Brook vs Julio Diaz 1.
              I scored Brook-Porter 116-112, that was me being generous.

Porter landed about 4 good shots over 12 rounds. Brook utterly nullified him, did all the effective, clean work and won the fight comfortably. Porter had no success, holding and hitting around the back of the head was all he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

So beating Scott Quigg to unify a title was the same in Europe as Frampton beating LSC?

Comment

i noticed its a big deal when an American loses...a lot, not all, are petty about stupid **** like that

unfortunately, probably 90% of those petty ****s have accounts here

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    So beating Scott Quigg to unify a title was the same in Europe as Frampton beating LSC?
                    Frampton-Quigg was a much bigger fight here.

Comment

Working...
                    X