Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former UFC Heavyweight Champ Kevin Randleman calls it a career!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former UFC Heavyweight Champ Kevin Randleman calls it a career!

Link

I think it's a good time to call it a career. You gave it one last shot so it's about time. That staph infection just took everything out of him. He was always so good because of his explosiveness and that great ass wrestling. He didn't have no explosiveness in those last few losses. Thought he could have knocked Whitehead out if he was more aggressive with his output.

Just thought it deserved it's own thread because he is a former Heavyweight champion, had rememberable fights with Bas(which I thought he won), knocked Cro Cop out then got tapped by him, GREATEST SLAM EVER against Fedor. Fought Shogun, Rampage and Chuck, beat babalu who's still relevant today kinda. Fought damn nearly everybody.

He was exciting, one of my old favorites for sure to watch because his explosiveness was crazy as ****!!!

Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 05-14-2011, 06:39 AM.

Mixed feelings man....No one likes knowing they'll never see fighters they've enjoyed for years go away never to surprise and awe you again, but no one likes seeing one of their favorites fade. In truth Randleman probably should have retired a few years back.

Comment

a great and very entertaining all out fighter, just as entertaining in the ring as out of it, the problem has always been hes a 1 dimensional high level wrestler because he refuses to train anywhere other than the roudimentary team hammerhouse

Comment

How the **** you gonna hate in somebody's retirement thread? He's 10x more exciting then GSP. The beginning of his fights were never boring, it wasn't until he gassed that the pace slowed but that wasn't until after the 1st round. He almost always won the first round.
        Last edited by kaps; 05-14-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

He should have hung em up a couple years ago. I was never a big fan of Kevin but he did have some exciting moments that you mentioned. I agreed with the Bas decision though, Bas was continually working from the bottom in that fight where Kev was content to just hold him down. Car wreck, staph, and submitting non human urine all had a pretty big impact on his career.....

Comment

Working...
          X