Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched the fight again. That was actually a close fight. (Cotto/Canelo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the fight listening to Ozzy (very loudly), so the commentators didn't mystically program me into believing something far afield from reality. Thank God! Canelo won that fight, even though Cotto was clearly the emotional favorite, but that's the thing about emotions it appears grown men can't control them when the final verdict is rendered.

Comment

The weight disadvantage was pathetic. I had Cotto winning despite Cotto clearly being the much smaller guy. Canelo got Oscars's early Christmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        119-109 is too wide but Cenelo won that much I agree with if you give Cotto more than 4 rounds you should make more of an effort to learn how to score a fight
        I believe it's your eyes who needed to get checked. Yes canelo won to the eyes of many, but majority of posters here believe it was closer than what the judges gave cotto credit. I think it's you who need to get your scoring right.

It was a close fight, could have gone either way. Big props to Canelo for pulling off the victory. Those score cards were way off though.

That's the topic of this thread. The judges and your scoring is what's bad for boxing lmao
        Last edited by Spoon23; 11-22-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          The weight disadvantage was pathetic. I had Cotto winning despite Cotto clearly being the much smaller guy. Canelo got Oscars's early Christmas present.
          Yes, that's another point that must be addressed. Cotto was handicapped since the size disparity was evident. Given that. It is obvious canelo will hit harder. Even then Cotto still was able to Outland the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
            i have a clear win for Canelo, but it was a close

i could see a draw, but Canelo looked superior in the fight he also looked like the winner, i couldnt give that a draw

Cotto did good, size did matter a bit, but Canelo has improved

8-4 7-5 Nelo

the judging was crazy, seems like WBC made sure of that, thats why Mayweather would had WBC in his corner
            Yup the judges obviously had an agenda. Phenom needs to learn how to score as well lol

Comment

I thought it was one of those fights where a lot of rounds were close but they still went to Canelo. It was a fight where scorecards don't really do it justice to how close it was but it was still a clear Canelo victory.

It was also the kind of fight where it was close enough that being the guy who lands the bigger punches matters. It was a perception fight and even Cotto after the bell gave fans the perception that he lost with body language.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                First time i watched it i got swayed by the commentators and thought canelo won. but after watching it again, I can truly say cotto wasn't given justice by the judges. Cotto was able to land his combos and stiff jabs, but off course a 20lb weight advantage for canelo can easily absorb those punches. Still those were scoring blows that seems to be non existent to the judges eyes.

Size disparity is evident. In this case canelo was the bigger man and should have man handled cotto with his 20lb advantage. Even with that cotto landed more throughout the match. Canelo just threw the heavier blows, but less.

I can see either man winning here. No wonder cotto walked out and didn't go to the post fight press. Judges didn't give him a fair shake. It should have been at least a close score card.

Only in Vegas.
                first time i watched it, had it maybe 8-4 or 9-3 canelo.
                seemed like cotto could never really land effective blows.
                rewatching, STILL seems like 8-4 or 9-3, BUT cottos punches look a lot better than i originally thought, although i still stand by that cotto was getting hurt every now and then, while canelo just kinda walked through mostly everything.

edit: i predicted Cotto to stop canelo, i like cotto better, BUT i wanted canelo to win. so i actually think i watched this fight with little to no bias...

Comment

First time i watched it i got swayed by the commentators and thought canelo won. but after watching it again, I can truly say cotto wasn't given justice by the judges. Cotto was able to land his combos and stiff jabs, but off course a 20lb weight advantage for canelo can easily absorb those punches. Still those were scoring blows that seems to be non existent to the judges eyes.

Size disparity is evident. In this case canelo was the bigger man and should have man handled cotto with his 20lb advantage. Even with that cotto landed more throughout the match. Canelo just threw the heavier blows, but less.

I can see either man winning here. No wonder cotto walked out and didn't go to the post fight press. Judges didn't give him a fair shake. It should have been at least a close score card.

Only in Vegas.
                  You're merely a troll and have only a rudimentary understanding of boxing at best, so nobody should really pay any attention to your opinions. That said, i feel it was 9-3 8-4 type fight for canelo...some of the less active rounds could have gone to cotto, but he never looked to be attempting to execute any type of game plan, where canelo was consistent in his and controlled the tempo of the fight.

Comment

Sunny says it best.

Originally Posted by sunny31
                    Compubox was total horse manure also - the punch which landed more than anything in that fight was Cotto's left jab, there is absolutely no way in hell that Canelo outlanded Cotto in that fight...not a CHANCE! He may have landed a little bit less and harder, I can agree with that, but not more. Corruption is rife.

Raonic gives cotto props:

Cotto lost but he still looked really good IMO. Just ended up losing to a bigger fighter that could take his shots.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 11-22-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Watch it again cotto landed clean combos to the body and the head of Canelo. I've realized in boxing to be able to see the whole fight in a better perspective and a clearer picture of what transpired. You need to watch it again.

Cotto landed more. Canelo landed less but connected with the more heavier shots which he should he is after all 20lbs bigger.
                      Actually it was a 14.5 lb advantage. Canelo's punches did far more damage. Cotto couldn't get away from that upper cut to save his life the 2nd half of the fight.

Not only did Canelo land more punches and more power punches u need to look at the effectiveness of the punches and Canelo lead that department as well. I feel my 116-112 for Canelo score is right on the button

Comment

Working...
                      X