No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Oosthuizen in Talks, Deal Not Done Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Oosthuizen in Talks, Deal Not Done Yet

Promoter Lou DiBella has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that there are serious ongoing discussions to finalize a fight between WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (24-0, 21KOs) and IBO super middleweight champ Tommy Oosthuizen (20-0, 13KOs). The fight would take place on January 19th at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden. HBO will televise. Golovkin would move up in weight for the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tommy's fight is actually Nov 10th.

Article has his fight with Fulgencio Zuniga on Jan 19th, the same day the GGG fight is being talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
      Tommy's fight is actually Nov 10th.

Article has his fight with Fulgencio Zuniga on Jan 19th, the same day the GGG fight is being talked about.
      yeah, i noticed that too. it sounds like a good fight. i wonder why at MSG though.

Comment

is he going to 168?

Comment

A fight I didnt expected but it is a good one and a stiff test for the awesome Golovkin

Comment

If he goes up to 68, he's a boss

Comment

Seems like no one from 154-160 wants to fight this guy.

Oosthuizen is a surprising choice as there are guys in the top 10 at 160 who I think would take the fight. I wonder if DiBella has basically said "fight this prospect I promote if you want a shot at my star fighter". Added into the bargin is that Golovkin has to move up in weight, so afterwards Ward or Froch may offer him a fight, removing him as a potential threat for Martinez.

DiBella has Macklin, Lee and Taylor in his stable but I guess he wants to save them for more winnable title shots.

Comment

This fight will tell us a lot about both guys and props to them if it goes thru.

Comment

Golovkin is awesome.

Comment

GGG and Andre Ward probably the only guys in boxing right now that dam near every fan believes in. Nobody thinks he's all hype, all the hardcore fans see him as legit.

Comment

Working...
                    X