Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher On A ATG List, Floyd Mayweather Jr or Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CONORBOBWEAVE View Post
    Yes.

Are you joking with that resume comment? Tyson, Holyfield, Vitali(prime), Tua(prime), Mercer(prime), Morrison and McCall(prime) vs Mosley, Marquez, Oscar, Gatti, Castillo(prime) and Corrales(prime)?
    No I am not joking at all. When the first name you mention is a shot-to-**** Tyson, the second is a Holy well and truly on the downer, the third is a short-notice Vitali (who could have won that fight bar the cuts) and the fourth is David Tua it should be obvious.

I'll take Mayweather's resume over that every time. Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on Lennox, great heavy and I enjoyed watching him fight, but his resume is not great. No fault of his own, he beat everyone there was to beat, there just wasn't that many good fighters around at the time.

Comment

Lennox by a long shot

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        No I am not joking at all. When the first name you mention is a shot-to-**** Tyson, the second is a Holy well and truly on the downer, the third is a short-notice Vitali (who could have won that fight bar the cuts) and the fourth is David Tua it should be obvious.

I'll take Mayweather's resume over that every time. Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on Lennox, great heavy and I enjoyed watching him fight, but his resume is not great. No fault of his own, he beat everyone there was to beat, there just wasn't that many good fighters around at the time.
        You are kidding right

There werent many good fighters at the time? WOW

Comment

I agree with everything you saying, except for the whole Vitaly thing. And, Lennox was the best in what for me was the 2nd best HW era of all time.

But, everything else

Damn good post.

Comment

Is this a joke thread.? Don't put Lennox on the same sentence with the Cowards.

This is like comparing Pacquiao to Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              You are kidding right

There werent many good fighters at the time? WOW
              Do I sound like I am kidding? Why are people asking me that? I'm being serious.

Do you agree that the versions of Tyson and Holyfield that Lennox beat were well past their best days?

Comment

Do you agree that the versions of Tyson and Holyfield that Lennox beat were well past their best days?

Comment

You can't really bring Tyson and Holyfield being out of prime into it when Floyd's best wins are 38 year old Mosley, blown up LW JMM and shot to **** Oscar. Not trying to discredit Floyd but his resume isn't on Lennox's level imo.

It's 2:30 am here so I need to get to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by CONORBOBWEAVE View Post
                    You can't really bring Tyson and Holyfield being out of prime into it when Floyd's best wins are 38 year old Mosley, blown up LW JMM and shot to **** Oscar. Not trying to discredit Floyd but his resume isn't on Lennox's level imo.

It's 2:30 am here so I need to get to bed.
                    I don't think neither of those are in his top 3 best wins. Maybe Mosley, maybe. JMM is not even in his top 10 best wins. And, Oscar might be in the very low top 10 best wins if he makes the top 10.

Comment

Yeah, but so were Mosley, JMM, Oscar and Gatti. It works both ways. If we're going off the prime argument Lennox wins that too.

Comment

Working...
                      X