No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Fires Back at WBA Over Cotto Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
    Yup cotton was willing to negotiate We Be Crooks said nope even though the negotiated fees for floyd damn near all the time
    That & if the money doesn't matter to them, since they are a non profit as they say... why not cap it at 150k or 200k??? thats 300k from each fighter right? plus another 25k from each promoter.

Comment

Cotto said "I want to fight for the MW Championship" WBC said "OK", Cotto said "I want a tune up before I fight my mandatory" WBC said "Ok", Cotto said "I want to fight Canelo too before I fight my mandatory" WBC said "OK" let's find a middle ground..Cotto says "I don't want to pay all that money now that I have what I want" WBC says "Wait a minute!!" and the WBC is the one in the wrong? How many times do you get to dictate to an organization before they tell you to fk off?
      • you are unranked at middle weight, get a fight strictly because of your check book and get a shot the other top 9 in the division deserve
      • You ask for a tune up against a guy who was just blasted out by the obvious mandatory for the belt you managed to shove out of the way for your title shot
      • now you ask to defend your belt against another unranked man at MW while asking the clear cut publicly named mandatory to wait after making him wait nearly 2 years for his shot again...
      • Now you want to whine and cry that it's not fair after you've earned three mega sized purses without facing any other champion of the division you whine about paying out the money you knew you absolutely had to pay
      • fans: Everyone else is the bad guy not Cotto...fk the commission that bent over backwards to accomodate him because of his resume

The summary of the last 2 years at MW in a nutshell...

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
        Finally someone calling the WBA circus.
        The WBC must of forgot that they have a World Champion, Diamond Champion, Silver Champion, Interim Champion and Champion Emeritus.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
          The WBC must of forgot that they have a World Champion, Diamond Champion, Silver Champion, Interim Champion and Champion Emeritus.
          Neither Silver or Emeritus are recognized as World Champions. Not sure about the Diamond Belt.

Currently there are 2 Diamond belt holders and they are champions from others orgs so I don't see a problem.
          Last edited by Luiz; 11-21-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

cotto didn't need this belt to make this fight. he shoulda vacated that **** soon as he beat sergio. no sanctioning fee or step aside money to be paid.

Comment

It is a bit strange that the WBC let a champion of another organization get into their rankings. Have they ever done that for anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                It is a bit strange that the WBC let a champion of another organization get into their rankings. Have they ever done that for anybody else?
                Kov is only other one, they usually just make special exemptions for unifications but never rank other champions from other sanctioning bodies,they didn't even rank pac for WBC title all them years when him and floyd was trying fight just kept saying they move mando out way to make fight happen

Comment

Cotto fans bending over backwards

Oh wait, how ironic is that. Not only does Cotto bend over, he has his fans bending over too.

The best part is that fraud of a MW will never hold the green belt again.

Take that biiiitch!

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    Kov is only other one, they usually just make special exemptions for unifications but never rank other champions from other sanctioning bodies,they didn't even rank pac for WBC title all them years when him and floyd was trying fight just kept saying they move mando out way to make fight happen
                    LSC is in same spot a Kovalev. He can challenge GRJ for the WBC belt.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                      cotto didn't need this belt to make this fight. he shoulda vacated that **** soon as he beat sergio. no sanctioning fee or step aside money to be paid.
                      Cotto didn't seem to mind when the rules were bent so he could become MW champ. Or paper champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X