Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Alvarado nearly beat rios twice? By getting stopped? Good Strategy

Herrera mauled Ruslan? cmon
    I normally read everything you post here because I respect your opinion, your bias is leaking through a bit on this one. Provodnikov fights one way, one foot forward, Herrera beat him badly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I like to see guys play to win period, letting another guy beat you just because is pretty dumb. Garcia-Matthysse wasn't close to excessive there was plenty of fighting going on so that was smart, Wlad was excessive because there was no fighting (but that was partly Povetkin's fault because he wasn't exactly busy and when it was clear the ref was doing nothing throw Wlad down a few times do anything except allowing yourself to get roughed up).

Winning isn't everything it is the only thing, and if a guy can't deal with something so simple a guy is literally stupid not to use that tactic without having to go Wlad which was clearly way over the line.
      so you don't care about the rules? ok i like to see tyson win so biting off holyfield's ear was smart. why should tyson let a guy beat him? yeah there was plenty of fighting going on till garcia didn't want to fight anymore then he would clinch. it's called having a fair fight. matthysse wanted to fight and garcia didn't so he held nonstop. the ref let him which gave garcia a huge advantage. when was the last time a guy like floyd, garcia, wlad was even warned for clinching? oh yeah never! the refs have the same attitude as you. they want to see their guys(the a-side) win at all costs. the rules and entertainment value don't mean a thing. the difference is they are getting money out of it what are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        so you don't care about the rules? ok i like to see tyson win so biting off holyfield's ear was smart. why should tyson let a guy beat him? yeah there was plenty of fighting going on till garcia didn't want to fight anymore then he would clinch. it's called having a fair fight. matthysse wanted to fight and garcia didn't so he held nonstop. the ref let him which gave garcia a huge advantage. when was the last time a guy like floyd, garcia, wlad was even warned for clinching? oh yeah never! the refs have the same attitude as you. they want to see their guys(the a-side) win at all costs. the rules and entertainment value don't mean a thing. the difference is they are getting money out of it what are you getting?
        Like I said if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin, if you get thrown out because of it whatever them the breaks you gotta play to the strike zone.

This is boxing, fist fighting not ball room dancing the rules are mostly just guidelines anyway not hard and fast rules although there are some. As long as there is fighting going on everything is good, that Wlad fight there wasn't really much boxing going on in Garcia-Matthysse there was.

I would rather see guys fight than have the ref deciding things, if a guy can't deal with a trick learn a couple tricks of your own so you aren't so vulnerable to that situation. If a guy is that vulnerable to one thing they really aren't that good so if they can't be bothered to work out a solution to that issue on their own I am not that concerned about their plight.

There is a line though Wlad certainly crossed it, the ref needed to do something in that case so I am certainly not saying you are wrong in that case.

Comment

Just watch kids. Provodnikov is an unstoppable beast until someone muscles and bullies him back...then he becomes an almond-eyed pretty boy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            I normally read everything you post here because I respect your opinion, your bias is leaking through a bit on this one. Provodnikov fights one way, one foot forward, Herrera beat him badly.
            What bias, am i a huge fan of his, have i ever even hype him up a bit? You clearly never watched the fight to make a statement like that. Not only did he not "beat him badly" but most people thought Ruslan deserved that victory and Herrera clearly took the worse beating. Dont be ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Just watch kids. Provodnikov is an unstoppable beast until someone muscles and bullies him back...then he becomes an almond-eyed pretty boy.
              This is my point. No one's calling him an unstoppable beast, so why are you so upset?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i guess it depends on your definition of excessive. every now and again ok that's understandable but wlad-povetkin, garcia-matthysse were farces. every time their opponent came close they just hugged. unfortunately a lot of the big money fighters use this tactic so the refs let them. remember when berto got penalized early on against collazo for clinching? got his azz beat and instead of a stinker of a fight we got a classic.

the big money in boxing doesn't care about fight quality, only about protecting their investments so they stack the deck and get refs that allow this nonsense. if alvarado clinched everytime prov got close he prob wins. that's why i have no desire to see garcia-prov we already know what's going to happen. the stinky cheating fighters need their own league. call it the showtime fighting league for sissy fighters.
                Wlad-Povetkin, okay.

Gacia-Matthysse? What the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Before this weekend I can't recall too many people besides myself and a handful of others that were excited about Provodnikov. As a hopeful fan I was a little underwhelmed by his performance.

He spent way too much time walking in instead of punching in and he didn't go to Alvarado's body often enough or early enough. He also didn't shoot the uppercut when Alvarado would repetitively bend forward. He just kept mechanically throwing those bolo hooks.. That fight could have been over in a few rounds. Surprising Provo is a wildcard fighter.. He has so many things to work on still.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

Some things never change. Not sure where Freddie Roach is in all this.

Comment

Working...
                  X