Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Manny Pacquiao Dump Freddie Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Manny Pacquiao Dump Freddie Roach?

it's been reported that pacquiao plans to continue fighting and i think the april date will not change since election day in the philippines is sometime may 2013. personally, his lose to marquez pretty much won't change the voters' decision considering pacquiao's numerous charitable activities.

however, it's obvious pacquiao has lost a step and is not the same fighter he once was a few years back. everytime pacquiao fights, freddie roach predicts a knock out which is starting to old. all of his high profile fighters have lost their respective bouts.

i think pacquiao's performance has somewhat deteriorated not because of age but mostly because roach is feeding pacquiao the wrong game plan and losing grip over his star pupil. in one 24 7 episode, roach admitted he's no longer the boss and pretty much follows what pacquiao tells him.

this needs to change. i think there are more capable trainers out there who can be of more use to pacquiao and help develop not only his defensive skills but his overall game. one that comes into mind is robert garcia, he is very demanding and has a solid record. another is virgil hunter. not sure if mayweather, sr. is a good idea though.

your thoughts?

Pacman isnt a prospect in his 20s who is looking to fight another 5-10 years. You dont just change someone like him. I think in a rematch, they dont go for s rivalry ending KO, but to just be cautious and busy gor a decision.

Comment

ppl love to blame the trainer

lmao

it's called aging

once you peak, it's downhill from there.

pac peaked 3-4 years ago.

Comment

Pac's mom thinks her son lost because he wasn't Catholic anymore: http://sports.inquirer.net/75919/mom...catholic-again

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
          Pacman isnt a prospect in his 20s who is looking to fight another 5-10 years. You dont just change someone like him. I think in a rematch, they dont go for s rivalry ending KO, but to just be cautious and busy gor a decision.
          nah

pac will go for the ko

he has to

that's who he is

Comment

oh christ. . of course a thread like this comes up.

LOL, everytime any boxer loses, the first excuses being thrown around are "trainer needs to go. .. "

Stop it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
              Pac's mom thinks her son lost because he wasn't Catholic anymore: http://sports.inquirer.net/75919/mom...catholic-again
              gambling, womanizing, drinking pac > fake religious pac

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                oh christ. . of course a thread like this comes up.

LOL, everytime any boxer loses, the first excuses being thrown around are "trainer needs to go. .. "

Stop it. . .
                roach is a bad chin trainer

he gave khan a glass chin too

Comment

(1) No, it would never happen.

(2) Pacquiao isn't looking to achieve anything in the sport, he's on the retirement tour. So there's no reason for him to do it either.

Comment

Working...
                  X