Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Bam Bam” and “The Problem” – Must-See TV for 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute hyperbole. Broner is pretty good, but he just fought a limited guy in DeMarco. DeMarco is not without some skill, but he plods and wears you down with pressure. Saying he can beat Floyd or Pac is like saying that you can fart your way to the moon. Let's see how he does against a fighter with similar speed, and real boxing acumen before we anoint him as the best thing smokin'. That being said, I like Broner and think he can do some great things. I just want to see him fight the best and back up all that talk.

Comment

Rios will be a live dog in the Pacquiao fight. It will be an all action war which is fine with me. Rios doesn't need Broner and Broner won't fight him any way. Broner already shied away from a Guerrero fight so I don't get why people act like he takes on the best. everyone knew demarco was going to lose that fight and that even though he was rated as the top guy it just showed lightweight is currently a weak division. He's content staying at 35 and beating up on the likes of Ricky Burns. People are acting like Abril is a slouch but put him in with Broner and Broner will look bad also. The Abrils and Molinas make anyone look bad. Put Broner in with Miguel Vasquez and he will look bad as well. Broner won't get any credit from me til he steps it up to 140 and starts beating guys there.

Comment

Broner convinced me saturday, he's gonna be a star. Maybe Demarco wasn't as good as everyone hyped him up to be, but Broner still took care of business and destroyed him.

He made me a big fan, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Comment

I need to see rios and broner fight more fights to comment on them Rios will have some very tough fights at 140 I don't see him walking through guys like he could in the lower weights. Broners showed us he has skills if he fight gamboa or Guerrero we'll see how good he truly is

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Move on, boxing fans… they have.

Sometime around midnight ET on Saturday, the prolonged tease of a slow dance between Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao and anyone who’d had an interest in them ever sharing a ring together ended instead with an ass-out hug and an exchange of fake numbers.

They’re not going home with us. They’re not spending the night.

And there won’t be an awkward walk of shame while we’re secretly posting about them on Twitter.

But as really into them as we all once were, don’t worry.

It’s nothing to get too sad about.

Because not long after they slinked out the door concocting excuses they’ll make for the next desperate suitor, someone a lot hotter walked in with better hair, tighter abs and slicker dance moves.

And within just a few cross-room glances, we’d already forgotten ol’ whatstheirname.

In fact, just 72 hours later, the new “gotta have it” fight for 2013 is obvious:

Brandon Rios and Adrien Broner.

For the 140-pound championship of anyone that gives a damn.

OK, I know that Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson and even Zab Judah might have more legitimacy when it comes to actually being the preeminent entity at junior welterweight.

But when it comes to a real-world litmus test – read: who’s compelling enough with the gloves off to make you have to watch them with the gloves on – there’s no better twosome out there than “Bam Bam” and “The Problem.” [Click Here To Read More]
            Oscar and the Swiss Banker got no problem with making fights with TR...its just the oldman stopping these SERIOUS fights and saling in house joke fights....the old dude is killing the game in his own way and we the fans are the ones who suffer....we just eat what their greedy asses cook up...smh...ish gotta change!!!

Bam fighting the Problem is a SERIOUS fight....I favor Broner but I'm not the dude to sleep on Bam...he's a monster.....no doubt, thats MUST SEE TV!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Are we forgetting that Rios got totally outclassed by a journeyman 2 fights ago?

He can't box to save his life

Broner by Gatti style beatdown in a complete mismatch
              Rios was clearly weight drained and its often exaggerated how badly he was outboxed. In the beginning he was getting outboxed, but towards the end Abril wasn't doing much. Rios was just so drained that he couldn't do a damn thing.

This fight all depends on how well Broner takes Rios' power. If Broner could take his power well, he might box Rios' ears off.

Comment

I don't even care to read the article,ABRIL exposed RIOS....BRONER will play with him all night;PONCE DE LEON showed BRONER has problem with southpaw(clone of JUNIOR doesn't do well with southpaws...funny eh)?MANNY is the only one that can beat boxer like those(best offensive southpaw ever),this is for *****S!!!Anyway BRONER is like JUNIOR as defensive but he comes to fight with bad intentions HBO analists said saturday night,it's true BRONER is JUNIOR(defense) and TONEY(offense)...really unbeatable if he is in great shape!!!

Comment

Not interested in seeing this fight because I don't feel like hearing all the BS about Rios being too big after he wins. Imagine Rios working on the inside against Broner while he stands there trying to do that pot **** crap he was able to pull against demarco. It would be a slugfest on the inside and Rios has way bigger guns.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                    Rios will be a live dog in the Pacquiao fight. It will be an all action war which is fine with me. Rios doesn't need Broner and Broner won't fight him any way. Broner already shied away from a Guerrero fight so I don't get why people act like he takes on the best. everyone knew demarco was going to lose that fight and that even though he was rated as the top guy it just showed lightweight is currently a weak division. He's content staying at 35 and beating up on the likes of Ricky Burns. People are acting like Abril is a slouch but put him in with Broner and Broner will look bad also. The Abrils and Molinas make anyone look bad. Put Broner in with Miguel Vasquez and he will look bad as well. Broner won't get any credit from me til he steps it up to 140 and starts beating guys there.
                    Pacroid is a fraud, but he will beat Rios into a coma. Yes this is undeniable.

Comment

Its obvious this fight will NEVER happen while one is wit TR and the other GBP. They cant make Mares v. Donaire which is a natural of two fighters who were at 118 together, have since moved up to 122 together and are so obviously the 2 best, accomplished fighters in the weight class and the fighters want it too. They cant make Pac-May the biggest fight in history, which, in 2010 wouldve got 3 mil PPV buys, and still, would do over 2 mil ppvs if they did it now. so obviously theyre not doin Broner v Rios

although Arum is definitely more of a problem, dont believe the PR. GBP is part of the problem too. Just like even though I know Mayweather and Arum are most of the problem for the superfight not happening, Pac couldve done more over the past 3 yrs to try to make the fight happen.

What did the author mean when he said "ended with an ass out hug and exchange of fake numbers" ? was that his ridiculous and confusing way of saying they are avoiding each other
                      AND why did he say that it will end at 12 midnight Saturday - that I dont get at all - anyone understand what that meant?

Comment

Working...
                      X