No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Audley Harrison Calls It A Career At Age 41

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He still has my respect.

I know he talked a lot and most the times never backed it up but the way he's been slaughtered over the last few years is way too much IMO.

Lest we forget the man is a Olympic Gold medalist, and as said in this thread has achieved more than than 99% of Pro fighters will ever achieve, even if he did not achieve his goal of winning a world title.

At the very least the man had the heart to keep on coming back. Even if you think he didn't have the guts to mix it with the best, he still had the balls to keep on getting up and getting back in that ring.

Criticism well deserved, he'll tell you that himself. But abuse is taking it a bit too far IMO.

He still had the courage to step into the ring, as a Heavyweight that is which says more about him than it does about the people that slaughter him online. The same people that slaughter him for not throwing a punch against Haye and saying all sorts of stuff about him, just think for a second you're talking about a man that would in all likelihood knock you the fck out. So i'd take it a bit easy on the insults.

Audley's gold at the Sydney Olympics played a big part for the likes of Khan, DeGale and co and he should always be remembered as a Olympic hero IMO.

It wasn't to be Audley, but you gave it your best shot or shall i say shots. Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

I know it's mean but I couldn't help laughing at the the Daily Mail's headline:

Flop Harrison calls it quits but let's not be too harsh...after all he never hurt anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
        Get the f uc k outta here Audley.
        damn!!!

Peace out A-Force...enjoy the life man!!

Comment

I agreed with everything in the article except the very end when he says this was the right time for Audley to retire.

I think he should have retired earlier.

Comment

Soon he and James Toney will be saying thier last fight was a wake up call and a fluke and they are back, better than ever. Fraudley's act got old long ago. It's like groundhog day with these two, they say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Comment

Best thing he could've done. He had already become a punch line (pun fully intended) for one of boxing's favorite jokes. Find another line of work, Audley.

Comment

I'll never forget the night A-force put on one of the finest performances in the history of heavyweight boxing to completely and utterly destroy Danny Williams. Dazzling speed, pin-point accuracy and truly devastating power. It's hard to envision anybody being able to beat him that night.

God bless you, Audley.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                  I'll never forget the night A-force put on one of the finest performances in the history of heavyweight boxing to completely and utterly destroy Danny Williams. Dazzling speed, pin-point accuracy and truly devastating power.
                  Rolling on the floor laughing with that joke!!!

Comment

Im jumping off a bridge....fuz but they only have land bridges here...viaducts, I am taking all my sleeping pills....don't have any sleeping pills, I am going to turn the car on and some peaceful music...****zer! the apartment has an open garage....

Listen brothers here don't none of you try to talk me out of it!!! Don't say nothin to me unless A force changes his mind!!!!! Now I am going to take a vegetable peeler to my genitals while chanting "A-Force."

Comment

He still won a gold medal which is a remarkable achievement. Couldn't cut it as a pro but to win an olympic Gold medal is something to be very proud of.

Comment

Working...
                      X