Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd struggles with Ortiz, Floyd should hang 'em up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Floyd does struggle acorss the whole fight with Victor Ortiz then he shouldn't go anywhere near Manny Pacqiauo.

They're a different class of fighter and it will indicate a clear decline.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      If Floyd does struggle acorss the whole fight with Victor Ortiz then he shouldn't go anywhere near Manny Pacqiauo.

They're a different class of fighter and it will indicate a clear decline.
      Exactly, .

That's why he should just retire. No need to build Manny's resume up with another shot fighter ala DLH, Margarito and Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        floyd cant even get touched in this fight or he's exposed...if he misses even 1 punch hes clearly shot to ****
        No, Larry. If Floyd doesn't do the shoulder roll even once, he should announce his retirement immediately after the fight.

Max Kellerman: "Floyd you looked awful tonight. What happened to the shoulder roll?"

Floyd: "I don't know, Max. I couldn't roll my shoulder and got caught. I'm going to have to talk with my promoter and see about retiring.

Max: "What promoter, Floyd?"

Floyd: "See, that's what I'm taking about."

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          I expect Floyd to dominate Ortiz. No disrespect to Ortiz but if Floyd doesn't win convincingly, he is obviously not the same Floyd anymore.
          Ignore those twisting your words. I know what you mean, and I agree. Unless Floyd has some valid reason, like some illness or injury he suffered in the lead up to the fight.

Comment

if thats the case i'll become more and more suspicious of manny. Manny has about 50 something fights, most of them are brutal wars and he got better late in his career. floyd barely takes damage. iunno. if floyd struggles then maybe we are under estimating victor. i already know floyd is not the same fighter he use to be. but you can't really tell, he changes his style every fight.

Comment

i do think his performance will be an indication of whether he chooses to fight pacquiao.

Comment

yep even if Floyd gets hit with a jab he should hang em up

Comment

If he loses or Ortiz comes within a point or two of winning, Floyd should consider retiring. Ortiz isn't THAT good, it would definitely be more a case of Floyd dropping off due to age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Easy View Post
                    Floyd has milked the sport of boxing for a lot of money,always fighting the lesser opponent who has past his prime or an up and coming fighter who has not peaked yet. I would have thought he would have faced Sergio Martinez or Miguel Cotto at the least. Victor Ortiz is nowhere near Floyd's class and should be an easy fight and he know's it low risk high reward.
                    ^ im getting so tired of casual fans.

Comment

I wonder if Wazaa would post the same stupid **** if it was Khan vs floyd...lol

Mayweather will beat Ortiz but it's a lagit fight and Ortiz with his speed and power is a dangerous opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X