Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd did what Canelo did to Lara, you would say Floyd is ducking Lara.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Pwill v marg has no bearing on discussing who was better in 2006, especially since they fought in July 2007.

You can feel about Margs any way you want.Look, dude, like I said, its ok if you don't agree with me. I'm ok with that. As for Margs resume, check it in 2006 and get back to me.
    so you think baldomir is better in the areas i mentioned? if so , why, how and give examples. i cited the williams fight as a reference point as to why margarito is better skilled.

get back to me , cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      Because he thought Pac to be more marketable than Mayweather. Mayweather made more than 20 mill in the Delahoya fight. Like 25 million + I believe.
      he only got a 10 million guarantee. he wanted a 20 mill guarantee when he was with top rank. that's called pricing yourself out and he did it on purpose so he could leave. the second he left he instantly changed his demands how weird! now he doesn't have to fight margarito and cotto and he can fight baldomir hmmmm sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        so you think baldomir is better in the areas i mentioned? if so , why, how and give examples. i cited the williams fight as a reference point as to why margarito is better skilled.

get back to me , cheers,
        I think in 2006 Baldomir and Margs were the same level of fighter. I think the reason many on NSB say Margs was better is because they didn't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          He fought in April 2005 then took off almost a year until he fought Gomes (i think) in Feb 06 than took off another 10 months until he fought Clottey. He wasn't even winning complete fights before this. If I recall he had like 3 Technical decisions and a UD after KOing 6 heads.
          Clottey was giving Margarito a boxing lesson...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he only got a 10 million guarantee. he wanted a 20 mill guarantee when he was with top rank. that's called pricing yourself out and he did it on purpose so he could leave. the second he left he instantly changed his demands how weird! now he doesn't have to fight margarito and cotto and he can fight baldomir hmmmm sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.
            A sweeter deal than fighting nobody Margarito and not Delahoya.

Comment

Everyone knows Mayweather won't fight southpaws.

Comment

i have some questions for the baldomir lovers.was zsolt erdei better than tarver? should hopkins have fought zsolt erdei instead of tarver? zsolt was lineal champ after all. what was historically a better win zsolt erdei or tarver? also when 5 lineal champs in a row refuse to fight the #1 guy does the lineage still hold any meaning? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  of course he would. floyd demanded 20 mill to fight hoya and arum is like dude you aren't getting 20 mill. then floyd left and only got 10 mill so it shows he was full of sh-it. arum did pac-hoya why wouldn't he do floyd-hoya?
                  Arum is on record saying he wanted *nothing* to do with making de la Hoya Mayweather. This isn't even up for debate...

Comment

"when its all said and done , belts do nothing but collect dust"

"a belt dont make me"

- floyd mayweather jr.

if floyd is so concerned with becoming lineal champ, why doesnt he fight bradley at 147?
                    He doesn't care about belts because he doesn't want to fight top contenders (mandatories).

Comment

get back to me , cheers,
                      Didn't Margarito LOSE the Williams fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X