Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Broner another Jeff Lacy/Danny Jacobs hype job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing Broner to Lacy and JAcobs even now is ludicrous. Lacy and Jacobs hadn't been in with the same competition Broner's been in with already. It STILL mystifies me how hyped up Lacy was. He was struggling with journeyman level fighters before he even fought Calzaghe. Same thing goes for Jacobs. Broner has already beaten Perez and Litzau, they're no ATG's, but they're formidable opponents.

A lot of people picked Perez to beat Broner, and Broner destroyed him. You can look at the De Leon fight, but I'd say it's pretty obvious that Broner has improved tremendously since then. I think he's already proven he's not a hype job as it is now. The kid is only 22 years old, hasn't even come close to reaching his peak and he looks very good already. So, no. He's not a hype job. Is he THE cream of the crop? We just don't know that yet, but he is no hype job, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I don't think so. The kid has real talent and skill.
      This right here.......

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Comparing Broner to Lacy and JAcobs even now is ludicrous. Lacy and Jacobs hadn't been in with the same competition Broner's been in with already. It STILL mystifies me how hyped up Lacy was. He was struggling with journeyman level fighters before he even fought Calzaghe. Same thing goes for Jacobs. Broner has already beaten Perez and Litzau, they're no ATG's, but they're formidable opponents.

A lot of people picked Perez to beat Broner, and Broner destroyed him. You can look at the De Leon fight, but I'd say it's pretty obvious that Broner has improved tremendously since then. I think he's already proven he's not a hype job as it is now. The kid is only 22 years old, hasn't even come close to reaching his peak and he looks very good already. So, no. He's not a hype job. Is he THE cream of the crop? We just don't know that yet, but he is no hype job, that's for sure.
        Umm this also!!

Comment

Outrageous comparison. Neither Lacy or Jacobs had ever shown the kind of skills Broner has. Lacy was garbage from day one, and Jacobs was alwayssss overrated. Dude went from a power puncher to a volume puncher as soon as he stepped up, his power was never real and he never had the skills needed to succeed without one punch power.

Broner's power is very real, he's defensively responsible, and most importantly he knows how to apply his skills.

He will be P4P top 10 in a year and a half, people may want to hate on him cause of his wannabe Floyd tendencies and I can understand that, but the kid is for real talent wise.

Comment

I don't see how Jacobs was a hypejob...simply a prospect who lost when he went up in class...I doubt anyone was THAT high on him...

I don't think Broner is "great" but I think he's better than just about anyone around his weight...we won't know for sure though til he fights someone else on or at least close to his level...

Comment

Lacy was a hype job

Jacobs was a prospect who was KO'd by a dude who would give Sergio a run for his money in the early rounds. No shame there, his Guardian Gran died that week, give the guy a break.

Broner's good not great........yet, too early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                We've seen a lot of hyped up fighters in recent years who ultimately failed to live up to that hype... The US possibly offering the most hype jobs in Jeff Lacy, Danny Jacobs, Timothy Bradley, James Kirkland, Kelly Pavlik etc.. With Europe's offerings including Lucian Bute and Robert Helenius to name a few.

Is Broner another hype job or do you think he could be the real deal?
                pavlik, bradley and bute arent hypejobs, they were overrated perhaps but they are all world class fighters who have atleast good resumes and meaningful title reigns. kirkland beat good fighters too, he might be overrated but hes no hypejob. he can fight. broner already proved himself to be much better than jacobs, helenius and lacy.

you dont seem to know what a hypejob is my friend. but to answer the question broner is a solid fighter with chances to be a great fighter. we dont know that just yet, but i dont see how anyone can watch him fight and say hes not a good fighter.
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

He's better than Lacy and Jacobs, which isn't saying much.

Comment

He's got some work to do to deserve the hype he's getting from some.

Personally, I don't he him going too far. It looks like his handlers' goal with him is to win belts in different divisions and will take the same path all these other fighters are taking to reach it.

This "champion in X weight classes" nonsense has gotten out of hand.

They don't fight the best and conveniently keep moving up to avoid good fighters.

IMO, a fighter deserves a lot more credit for collecting all the titles in his class and defending against the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Dude is going to lose and fade away. His socks are as ghey as his personality, he makes me sick to listen to him....his team is a burden who rides on his coat tails talking worthless nonsense like it's the gospel.....they compare him to Floyd like he is Floyd's son. He loses within his next 3 fights.
                      Trying to bet 10Mill the bold doesn't happen?

Comment

Working...
                      X