Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nacho should have thrown the towel in? No shame in that right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    1.) Nacho did the right hting by letting Juan Manuel go the distance ; he was never really hurt outside of round 2, and the man has way more pride than to go out like that.

2.) It wasn't Nacho's fault he had no advice for Marquez ; nobody in the world would've been able to tell Marquez anything in that corner that would've given him even the slightest chance to win that fight.
    Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
    I didn't say what's the most one sided round...I don't recall him being clearly hurt outside of the 2nd when he got dropped...

And he held his own after the KD as well...
    To me its not about staggering for a fighter to be hurt. The accumulation of all those hard shots can cause some irreversible damage. Marquez has life after boxing is all Im saying. It became a close second (behind Gatti) for the fight that made me feel the most sympathy for a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      To me its not about staggering for a fighter to be hurt. The accumulation of all those hard shots can cause some irreversible damage. Marquez has life after boxing is all Im saying. It became a close second (behind Gatti) for the fight that made me feel the most sympathy for a boxer.

Ummm, what fight were you watching? Their was no brutal beatdown, it was a featherfisted fighter putting on a boxing lesson. Barrera put more dents on Marquezs face and that was a more lively Marquez.

This is what Barrera did to Marquez.

Comment

1.) Nacho did the right hting by letting Juan Manuel go the distance ; he was never really hurt outside of round 2, and the man has way more pride than to go out like that.
        2.) It wasn't Nacho's fault he had no advice for Marquez ; nobody in the world would've been able to tell Marquez anything in that corner that would've given him even the slightest chance to win that fight.
        Yes agreed.

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        Nacho last night right before the start of the 12th to Marquez - "Go out there and loss the fight with dignity"
        True! He didnt want his main fighter to look like a quitter, so he let him go out with dignity.

Comment

This one-sided fight was not a beatdown. A beatdown is when you get your ass kicked so badly that you have to stop it like Jones Jr/Lacy

Comment

ive been thinking about this all day. fraizers corner threw in the towel against ali and he was doing much much better than marquez. marquez is a true mexican warrior and would never quit and i think nacho should have thrown it in. he maybe wasnt serouisly hurt but i gotta say i was hurt to watch him take that kinda of punishment, well maybe not punishment but humiliation. it was obvious he had no chance of even stunning floyd yet alone knocking him out.

Comment

Probably because it would've looked even more impressive for Floyd to have the stoppage.

Marquez lasting the distance doesn't exactly sell well to the general public.

Especially not when they considered this one a mismatch right off the bat.
              I believe that GBP, or at least Eric, knows that a sustained beating is career threatening for a 36 year old fighter. EG was looking out for the fighter.

IMO, there would be no shame in a corner stoppage. Did you - or anyone - think less of Barrera for that stoppage in Pac 1?

Comment

no way its justifiable to stop the fight, did not see marquez in any kind of REAL trouble aside from the KD ...

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Yes sir,

Getting KO'd is actually a good defense mechanism for the body, in a sense. Taking a sustained series of punches is more damaging.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
                    Ummm, what fight were you watching? Their was no brutal beatdown, it was a featherfisted fighter putting on a boxing lesson. Barrera put more dents on Marquezs face and that was a more lively Marquez.

This is what Barrera did to Marquez.

You obviously have never been hit hard. The way he looked is not the tell all. If you get hit in the face hundreds of times it doesnt matter who hits you its dangerous. So Barrera has more power than Floyd? huh

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
                      This one-sided fight was not a beatdown. A beatdown is when you get your ass kicked so badly that you have to stop it like Jones Jr/Lacy
                      Agreed how many people get this one wrong one sided fight does not automatically mean beatdown LOL!,

Winky v.s Tito was not a beatdown

Leonard v.s Duran 2 was a one sided beatdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X