No announcement yet.

"Mayweather's a ****ING good fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
    exactly. He does have a good gameplan for Floyd though. utilize the Jab and throw a ton of combinations. He knows Marquez needs to be 100 percent focused during the entire fight so he calls him out any time he feels he's slacking in training. I'm actually looking forward to this fight. These two guys are two of the best fighters i've ever seen .Marquez is a good opponent for Floyd and unlike Floyd's other opponents, Marquez has world class composure.
    I don't know if that "jab and combo" plan is a good one. Floyd will quickly start countering the jab. With quicker hands. And his right hand over the top is probably his best punch. Maybe the quick left hook.

If Juan hits Floyd and Mayweather sees that he can take the punch, he will walk in on Marquez, and invite him to trade.

If I was training Marquez, I would have him slow the fight to a methodical, technical bout. I'd go to my ground game and keep the ball from him.

I do not think that Marquez has Floyd's chin. Or power. Or handspeed. That seems like a bad recipe to get into a trade-fest.

Comment

Originally posted by roxy View Post
      90% of the fighters and trainers think he is a joke too. But he will make them money if would ever accept a fight with them so they are generous. HBO is the Mayweather publicity campaign soapbox and the few that buy that hype are the supporters. But for the fighters he has avoided and the fighters he is avoiding he is rightfully critized. It should be apparent.
      See what I mean?

Should I believe Emanuel Steward?...or Roxy from the InterWebs?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        90% of the fighters and trainers... KNOW, how good Floyd is INSIDE the ring.
        What was that training method Nacho was using, looked like he was waving two dildos in Marquezs' face.

Haven't seen that one before......

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          90% of the fighters and trainers... KNOW, how good Floyd is INSIDE the ring.
          I was thinking that, if you can't see that Floyd is a great fighter then I don't know what to say, its obvious how skillful and talented he is when you see him fight, he is a very technically sound fighter... and barely makes a mistake in the ring, which all boils down to being around Boxing his entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
            See what I mean?

Should I believe Emanuel Steward?...or Roxy from the InterWebs?
            CLASSIC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
              I don't know if that "jab and combo" plan is a good one. Floyd will quickly start countering the jab. With quicker hands. And his right hand over the top is probably his best punch. Maybe the quick left hook.

If Juan hits Floyd and Mayweather sees that he can take the punch, he will walk in on Marquez, and invite him to trade.

If I was training Marquez, I would have him slow the fight to a methodical, technical bout. I'd go to my ground game and keep the ball from him.

I do not think that Marquez has Floyd's chin. Or power. Or handspeed. That seems like a bad recipe to get into a trade-fest.
              Also, JMM has never fought an opponent who can and will get in close and counter the crap out of him.

You need a plan A, B & C when dealing with Floyd, because he changes styles rapidly and adjusts on the spot to what you're trying to do against him. That's what makes Floyd soo difficult to beat .... His execution and versitility while in the ring is without equal.

Comment

indeed a fuking good fighter. too bad he doesnt fight the top guys at welter

Comment

Good fighter yes. But to be great you have to fight the best. True Story.

Comment

Nacho is a legend.

Comment

I respect your opinions on this but how can Freddie Roach and Pacquiao have any respect when Pacquiao is every bit the draw as Floyd and Floyd refuses a fight with him buy demanding a bigger cut. Floyd knew it was the easiest way to avoid him quietly. Floyd who weighs 147 openly admited he didn't want to fight the other welterweights when he retired. So guys like Cotto and Mosley are suddenly acceptable avoidable fighters and Mayweather is on top of the world for fighting a fomer featherweight champion. It is right before your eyes!

And Emanuel Stewart is an HBO employee, of course he is part of the "HBO Mayweather hype express"

Comment

Working...
                      X