Mayweather Continues His Pacquiao Trash Talk on Joe Buck Live

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Continues His Pacquiao Trash Talk on Joe Buck Live

Mayweather continues his Pacquiao trash talk on Joe Buck Live

December 9, 1:40 AMIndianapolis Fight Sports ExaminerDennis "dSource" Guillermo

Floyd "Money" Mayweather continued his tirades against his potential opponent Manny Pacquiao when he appeared as a guest at HBO's Joe Buck Live Tuesday night.

Mayweather who appears bent on discrediting Pacquiao's achievements in the ring said when asked about his much-anticipated bout with Pacquiao, “The thing is that I don’t want the fans to be really shocked by what happens. It’s nothing new because he’s been knocked out before and he’s lost before," and when Buck replied by saying "I think I heard you just said you are going to knock Pacquiao out," Mayweather responded,"I’ll be victorious, you can believe that.”
    Well, I can see how Floyd can beat Manny, but to knock him out? Forget about it. Need I elaborate? Mayweather is a masterful ring general but to put things in perspective, when was the last time he fought someone who punches as hard as Pacquiao, as quick as Pacquiao and on top of that is a southpaw? Judah was quick, but you have to argue whether he was as quick as Manny and you already know he does not have the punching power Pacquiao possess. With that said, Judah gave Floyd a hard time and even knocked him down in that fight with the same kind of right hook Pacquiao used to knockdown Hatton and Cotto with first time (video posted below).

Perhaps insecure with the amount of support and following Pacquiao has, Mayweather already put a gun to American boxing fans head and said, "I'm an American citizen and want the (US) fans to stand by me like an American soldier."
    Well unfortunately, his boxing match against Pacquiao isn't USA vs. The Philippines, otherwise a straight-up war between the two countries isn't even going to last 30 minutes. Come on, let's get real. A world super-power vs. a third-world country? Forget about it. But against Pacquiao, Floyd is actually out-gunned. If the numbers don't lie as Floyd himself loves to point out time and time again, Pacquiao simply has more offensive weapons than him. Against the same opponents for example Ricky Hatton, Floyd only landed 129 in 10 rounds; Manny landed 73 in two at a rate of 37 punches per round at a 57% connect rate for Pacquiao and 13 punches per round at a 39% connect rate for Mayweather. Against Oscar De la Hoya, Manny landed 224 punches in only 8 rounds as to Floyd's 207 in 12 full rounds. Do the math. Undeniably however, Floyd has superior defense. He has the quickness to run and duck Pacquiao and the technique to make him miss. In that event however, Floyd will be a threat to beat Pacquiao via unanimous decision, but as a legitimate threat to Pacquiao getting beaten badly or getting knocked out like the threat that was present against Miguel Cotto- not even close.

Going back to the show, I couldn't help but make a direct comparison between Mayweather's appearance at Joe Buck Live and Pacquiao's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel a month ago. I think Buck was the perfect show and host for Mayweather as he definitely bored the hell out of me while Kimmel has that same entertaining style that Pacquiao has inside the ring. I'm telling you, it was a struggle to keep my eyes open throughout the whole show. Thankfully, I was still able to to jot down some quotes from the show together with others from the "Overtime" feature on HBO.com.

Mayweather quotes from Joe Buck Live:
    On sports betting:
    "Peyton Manning won me a lot of money," "Like 1.3 million."
    "i won like a $1,000,000 on football betting last week."

About boxing:
    “I already know what’s going to happen. Once we get in that square circle it’s just me and him, one on one. My record shows I am the best at what I do. I’ve been champion my whole career basically”

"I'm already an icon in this sport."

"All the Filipinos were rooting for me before Manny Pacquiao came out."
    "Shane Mosley is an HBO fighter. I'm a HBO PPV fighter. That's the difference."

"Look at muhammad ali.. thats why i dont fight toe to toe... I fight smart. That's why i fight defensive."

http://www.examiner.com/x-10947-Indi...-Joe-Buck-Live

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
    Mayweather continues his Pacquiao trash talk on Joe Buck Live
    Yes, yes...we've seen this already.

Comment

"Shane Mosley is an HBO fighter. I'm a HBO PPV fighter. That's the difference."
      pbf sold his soul to the devil to get that

Comment

Meh, that's not really trash talk. He said he's going to win.

Comment

is that really trash talk????no everything he said was a fact..and can be backed up...what is he suppose to say he'll lose??

Comment

Working...
          X