No announcement yet.

kessler overated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Mikkel is a very good technical fighter, probably one of the best I've seen from 160-175 in the last 10 years or so.
    Why?

I see him as good solid fighter, he's very strong at the basics, jab, right hand, tight upper defence. But he's not a great mover imo and I dont see a great variety of punches, punches from angles, he's not particularly slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
      Why?

I see him as good solid fighter, he's very strong at the basics, jab, right hand, tight upper defence. But he's not a great mover imo and I dont see a great variety of punches, punches from angles, he's not particularly slick.
      There's certainly more that he could learn, and execute, in the ring. As you said, things like creating angles, and throwing a wider variety of shots.

But his fundamentals are very tight, and his defense is underrated.

I think it he really applied himself he could really make an impact.

But he seems more content to hang at his sister's titty bar in Denmark, than to step it up and do something memorable with it.

I will add though, that a certain part of that probably comes from nobody really wanting to fight him. He's not a big name, he can't draw for **** unless he's fighting in Denmark, and he's probably looked upon by most as "high risk, low reward".

But I'm positive Miranda would fight him, and that'd be a start. Look at what smashing the piss out of Miranda did for Pavlik's and Abraham's careers.

Comment

NO.. Gave Calzaghe one of his best fights.. Probably the best of the rest.. Would like to see him against Hopkins..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          There's certainly more that he could learn, and execute, in the ring. As you said, things like creating angles, and throwing a wider variety of shots.

But his fundamentals are very tight, and his defense is underrated.

I think it he really applied himself he could really make an impact.

But he seems more content to hang at his sister's titty bar in Denmark, than to step it up and do something memorable with it.

I will add though, that a certain part of that probably comes from nobody really wanting to fight him. He's not a big name, he can't draw for **** unless he's fighting in Denmark, and he's probably looked upon by most as "high risk, low reward".

But I'm positive Miranda would fight him, and that'd be a start. Look at what smashing the piss out of Miranda did for Pavlik's and Abraham's careers.
          If Froch beats Taylor he'd fight him, and try and KO him just to piss Calzaghe of.

Comment

I like Kessler, he's a very good technical boxer, but he's overrated. Mostly by Calzaghe fans which is hardly a surprise.

His biggest wins are against Andrade and Mundine, and his biggest fight was against Calzaghe, who took him to school in the second part of that fight.

As soon as i see him beat someone 'word class' then i'll take it all back. I'm aware that Kessler is being somewhat avoided at the minute, but he'll get his shot eventually and if i'm honest, i reckon he'll lose.

Who are the best fighters at 168-175? Dawson and Hopkins? Kessler losses to both IMO.

Comment

Kessler is a very good fighter,but he simply isnt active enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                I like Kessler, he's a very good technical boxer, but he's overrated. Mostly by Calzaghe fans which is hardly a surprise.

His biggest wins are against Andrade and Mundine, and his biggest fight was against Calzaghe, who took him to school in the second part of that fight.

As soon as i see him beat someone 'word class' then i'll take it all back. I'm aware that Kessler is being somewhat avoided at the minute, but he'll get his shot eventually and if i'm honest, i reckon he'll lose.

Who are the best fighters at 168-175? Dawson and Hopkins? Kessler losses to both IMO.
                I think so too, if you stand square on with Kessler you would find yourself in trouble, but he can be hit, andrade hit him with some good stuff in their fight. With Kessler its about stopping that jab, once you do that, by using footwork or a parry, then i reckon he will have problems, he doesnt like angles either. Good solid fighter, and actually quite decent off the backfoot. Paitent and disciplined fighter, him and taylor is a good fight, nearly a 50/50 imo, I would give taylor the edge JUST, and that because I think Taylor is more talented and a better mover, but I can see Kessler beating him as well.

But yeah, Chad and hops are too much for him imo.

Comment

Working...
                X