No announcement yet.

Does Walters make it to your P4P list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Definitely higher than Brook, no which way you cut it.
    Brook has some skill and good pop but he isn't the real deal in the truest sense. He's a star and look how he's been matched...

I cant get over how bad he struggled with Jones the first time

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Brook has some skill and good pop but he isn't the real deal in the truest sense. He's a star and look how he's been matched...

I cant get over how bad he struggled with Jones the first time
      Dudes will struggle vs some guys on the way up the ladder..

the jones fight isn't that big of a deal... i saw dawson struggle with an old glen johnson,, saw hopkins struggle with mercado... both came back in the rematch and won decisively,, same thing with brook...

I chalk it up as a learning experience... and don't hold it over brook's head

Comment

I dont know how you can rank Walters over someone like Uchiyama

Uchiyama has been the kingpin of his division for years, and has already crushed the closest rival he has

Walters beat a much smaller Donaire who was practically run out of 122 by Rigo. Its a decent win, but nothing more. That clear size advantage has to mean something, just as it did for Crawford-Gamboa

But I get it, youve seen Walters on US TV so there we go

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Not just yet. The ND win was huge but I'd like to see him in with another couple top class fighters and see how he deals with them.

In hypothetical terms, I believe he beats LSC/Mares/Selby/Loma but I'm not sure if even one of those fights ever gets made.
          Loma-Walters will happen eventually because they are both Top Rank.

My guess is sooner, rather than later, HBO puts too much money on the table for them to politic around. Similar to how Rigo/Donaire eventually got made - just too much money for small men to pass up, i.e., 750k - 1.3 million each.

Comment

Alexander Povetkin should be in everyones P4P list tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
              Loma-Walters will happen eventually because they are both Top Rank.

My guess is sooner, rather than later, HBO puts too much money on the table for them to politic around. Similar to how Rigo/Donaire eventually got made - just too much money for small men to pass up, i.e., 750k - 1.3 million each.
              Rigo-Donaire got made because Donaire always fought the best he could get his hands on.

Loma or at the very least, Loma's team got massive cold feet after the Salido debacle and are bringing him along slowly. The world title he has around his waist is a bit of a travesty.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Rigo-Donaire got made because Donaire always fought the best he could get his hands on.

Loma or at the very least, Loma's team got massive cold feet after the Salido debacle and are bringing him along slowly. The world title he has around his waist is a bit of a travesty.
                They wouldn't have fought Russell Jr on Showtime if they got cold feet. That could have been it for Loma's career

Comment

Nope!

He needs to fight Takashi Uchiyama! Big boss man!

If he wins, then that discussion can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    I dont know how you can rank Walters over someone like Uchiyama

Uchiyama has been the kingpin of his division for years, and has already crushed the closest rival he has

Walters beat a much smaller Donaire who was practically run out of 122 by Rigo. Its a decent win, but nothing more. That clear size advantage has to mean something, just as it did for Crawford-Gamboa

But I get it, youve seen Walters on US TV so there we go
                    I agree with this and would pick Uchiyama to beat Walters

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      They wouldn't have fought Russell Jr on Showtime if they got cold feet. That could have been it for Loma's career
                      Jr had done nothing prior to fighting Loma and was constantly made fun of for his resume consisting of TBAs lol

Comment

Working...
                      X