No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Bernard Hopkins Talks Murat Fight, Golovkin, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    Yeah G3 destroys Hopkins at this point. Hopkins should consider fighting Ward, he could dismantle Ward and beat him.
    B.Hop would dismantle BOTH of them...Golovkin can fight but he's not on the same shelf as B.Hop, Ward, Froch, Kessler, or Dawson....the Kings from 168-175 are PROVEN fighters....Golovkin is on the come up but if they feel as though he's seasoned and ripe enough...he'll get ate by ANY of those dudes I mentioned

Comment

Murat is no joke as a challenge. He had 2 very tough, close fights against Gabriel Campillo, & came out with a narrow win & a split draw.
      Campillo is a guy who uses his smarts & good boxing skills to win fights, but he's not especially quick or busy or with big power - not unlike late stage Hopkins.

See a definite chance of an upset if Hopkins is not on top of his game.

Comment

It doesn't make sense to push GGG to 175 when he isn't fighting at even 168 yet.

Moreover there is a fight to make at 160. People would give him more credit for beating Martinez than old Hopkins anyway.

GGG is a very skilled fighter apart from his power. You don't go 345-5 in amateurs with power alone. He's very skilled. I just hope he'll have a proper chance to show it.
        Macklin is good. Hopefully Martinez can be next...

Comment

Golovkin would get reduced to Edison Miranda status if he were to face Hopkins. All his flaws would get exposed.

Comment

I don't know why they feel the need to rush GGG, he can surely take on Macklin and then Chavez or Martinez, Hopkins is on a different level and would just end up derailing GGG career the same way he did Tarver, Pavlik, Pascal and now cloud, but I suspect GGG team were just riding the " Nobody wants to fight him doe" wave, I doubt they would take on Hopkins in reality. This is one call out gone wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X