Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward is seriously kicking himself in the ass...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fighters never become PPV stars no matter how good they are. Ward is part to blame. His fighting style does not give a sense of AWE. It is very good, but you need to capture the Casuals interest and he is not capable of it.

Mike McCallum went on his entire career as a B-Side fighter. As good as he was, fans at the time never took to him. When his career was on the decline, he finally got noticed. He had to be a traveling champion to make good money. Maybe Ward should start doing the same.

Comment

He shouldn't expect GGG to jump up when he doesn't look north either. His power at 175 looks like it won't be truly respected IMO. Same as GGG at 168, his power aint gonna be all that.

Comment

Ward stinks of desperation and I don't know why. It is very strange. Recognized no. 2 P4P and 2mill payday in his last fight. All he has to do is take a few 'risky' fights that he is more than capable of winning and the number on his paychecks will increase. Stop with this Chavez nonsense.

Comment

I think Dan Gossen needs to at least try to do a PPV event for Andre Ward. I just don't think it should be against Chavez Jr even though he does have a big fan base. Mexico has giving up on Chavez Jr with his weed bull **** and not giving it his all in the gym or in the ring. His fight with Vera was awful he got a gift decision from the judges.

Ward was still trying to make Chavez Jr look good in that fight because he knows it would be a big pay day and it could possibly be a PPV event. As an Andre Ward fan I thought it was pathetic of him trying to get a fight with Chavez Jr which not a lot of people would be interested in.

I want to see Ward take risks like Dawson took a risk and went down to 168 Ward should move down to 160 and fight GGG or move up and fight at 175. It's his Promoter Dan Gossen job to try to make him into a PPV star by putting Ward in with the best opponent put him in the main event and stack the undercard with other Promotors. I will pay that PPV money to watch Ward in there with a guy that has a chance of beating Ward. Not a guy that I know he will beat easy like a Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
            I dont get it he fought the toughest 168 fighters in the most stacked 168 era yet now doesnt feel like taking risks anymore and just seems to DESPARATELY want a PPV fight. Now I would have a problem with dude getting paid but I saw a poster say he got 2 million to fight Rodriquez and if thats true that is more tjen generous considering he doesnt even sell out his hometown.

Im not even dogging his fighting style, Hopkins is one of my favorites ever and Ward is a similar to BHOP to a lesser extent. Its so sad to see him DESPARATELY calling for Chavez before Chavez gets exposed again.Calling it a NOW PPV because if it doesnt happen now Chavez will lose his next fight.

Until he takes risks again demanding GGG and Hopkins who always draw solid numbers on prenium cable and fights Kovalev and Stephenson hes going to start getting dogged worst then Floyd on here and nobody is going to take him or a Chavez fight seriously nevertheless pay for it.
            chavez and GGG make HBO far too much to even consider either fighting ward right now. Looks like ward may have to go to england for the froch rematch.

Bute losing the way he did really hurt ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              The bigger Golovkin gets the better it is for Ward.
              ^^^
              This

Let GGG build more hype, grow into 168 some and get some names on that resume. Could be a really good payday later on.

Also, ward beating GGG now would be met with "GGG can only beat bums" or "ward too big".

Comment

Working...
              X