Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire, Rios Double Heading To Mandalay Bay on 6/30

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant find any video of this Mathebula guy on the web...anybody know if hes any good? Im reading around and apparently he gave Caballero a good fight. Kinda curious now and hope the fight happens just to see this guy in action lol

Comment

Decent fights.

Some fake ass boxing fans in this thread.

Comment

It won't be Herrera for Rios. If it is, Rios' 140 debut might get spoiled unless he gets another gift. I expect Rios to be drained even at 140 but Herrera is still a dangerous opponent. Rios sure as hell aint no Mike Alvarado.

As for Donaire, we all know he's milking that P4P status so expect bums in fights to come. I'll be surprised if he even fights Arce, even tho he fits Donaires criteria (little guy).

Comment

Man, fans are fickle. I never really saw what HBO told us all to see in Donaire, so it surprises me a little to see everyone here talking **** about him. It surprises me even more that Rios is getting this much hate for one mediocre performance. He was becoming a huge star before that fight, which he still won no matter how much you might disagree. You seriously think he couldnt beat Herrera? Come on. Get real. This is similar to the Lebron James phenomenon. You hate the guy so much that you stop being objective. Hererra is exactly the kind of guy he'd destroy. Hererra is a brawler who cant really punch and cannot box---like Abril. You guys should start talking **** about Alvarado for not KO'ing him and only winning by decision. One point I do agree with is Arum being a POS and getting in the way of all of his fighters. Timothy Bradley is no more deserving of a shot at Pacquaio than Brandon Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            but IBF super bantamweight champion Jeffrey Mathebula (26-3-2, 14KOs) now appears to be the opponent of choice for the "Filipino Flash".

WHO? This is BS, Donaire should be fighting quality opposition not no 26-3 no name..
            Do you know what you're talking about? At least the man has a belt......

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
            crap card, not interested at all and stupid to put it in vegas, interesting thing is i'll be in vegas that weekend and even if you gave me free tickets i wouldn't go
            Stop lying, that'll be the 1st thing you ask about.....

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I want to see Donaire, Rios not so much. Is Rios coming in at 147 if the contract says 140?
            Probably 150....

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
            Decent fights.

Some fake ass boxing fans in this thread.
            I agree......

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            Man, fans are fickle. I never really saw what HBO told us all to see in Donaire, so it surprises me a little to see everyone here talking **** about him. It surprises me even more that Rios is getting this much hate for one mediocre performance. He was becoming a huge star before that fight, which he still won no matter how much you might disagree. You seriously think he couldnt beat Herrera? Come on. Get real. This is similar to the Lebron James phenomenon. You hate the guy so much that you stop being objective. Hererra is exactly the kind of guy he'd destroy. Hererra is a brawler who cant really punch and cannot box---like Abril. You guys should start talking **** about Alvarado for not KO'ing him and only winning by decision. One point I do agree with is Arum being a POS and getting in the way of all of his fighters. Timothy Bradley is no more deserving of a shot at Pacquaio than Brandon Rios.
            Rios is a d-bag, plain & simple & that's why a lot of people, including myself don't like him. Since you brought up Alvarado, how come Rios doesn't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              June 30? That's just a month away, why make this card so quickly
              July is taken up and they didn't want to wait until August for Nonito

Brandon is ready to go as well

Comment

I like how someone voices their opinion and because someone else doesn't agree he is a fake ass boxing fan lmfao. Really, what quality opponent will take a fight against either in this time fram? does forbes ring a bell? thats the quality we will be lookin at. Fake ass boxing fans don't waste their time on boxing sites do they? I'm sure when this card is completed, not 2 many of us will be buyin it, not cause we fake but cause we want good fights. keep payin for garbage and u'll continue to get it. donaire should be fighting arce or rigo in his next fight period. rios has options at 140, but he'll get none of them with the time frame. ( i understand rigo fighting on the 10th, aswell as arce, but the fights could have been made)

Comment

i feel you he is ducking rigondeaux the only real challenger to his crown

Comment

Originally posted by dawge View Post
                    This sucks! so far this year in boxing, has been very dissapointing
                    That's an understatement. This year in boxing has been excruciatingly slow and lame.

Comment

I think Herrera vs Rios is a good scrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X