No announcement yet.

Jermaine Taylor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
    Because Taylor is such a nice guy made that late knockout all the harder to watch. In a way he reminds me of a kid sometimes (not trying to be funny), he gets visibly nervous in interviews and like someone else says, he just doesn't seem to have a killer instinct, like he's aware of his own flaws, and every fight is a huge internal battle against himself. He looked heartbroken when he lost to pavlik 2nd time around ('i did all this effort, i deserved this').
    Yeah, that nervousness is visible in his fights to, he really needs to be more relaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      I hated the Guy after the B-Hop fights.. and bashed him throughout his Middleweight reign.. even though he is an intelligent and thoughtful man...
      But come on!!.. lately the guy is so classy and Honest.. I can't not like him any longer.. He is a true gentleman .. and maybe that is why he has No killer instinct..

I hope he doesn't quit.. Unlike Judah(who many people are now comparing Taylor too) Taylor has plenty of heart.. If he could just pace himself.. Maybe HE should give away the 1st few rounds for once.. and come on strong later in the fight..?? He is too good to be this bad.. Something should be able to change so this guy can realise his FULL potential..

I am not convinced he is done.. and It's funny because it takes his losses to make see how good he really is..

I think he should Fight Edison Miranda...

Give some Props to Taylor.. one of the true GOOD guys of the sport..
      Jewdah has heart.

Comment

I hated the Guy after the B-Hop fights.. and bashed him throughout his Middleweight reign.. even though he is an intelligent and thoughtful man...
        But come on!!.. lately the guy is so classy and Honest.. I can't not like him any longer.. He is a true gentleman .. and maybe that is why he has No killer instinct..

I hope he doesn't quit.. Unlike Judah(who many people are now comparing Taylor too) Taylor has plenty of heart.. If he could just pace himself.. Maybe HE should give away the 1st few rounds for once.. and come on strong later in the fight..?? He is too good to be this bad.. Something should be able to change so this guy can realise his FULL potential..

I am not convinced he is done.. and It's funny because it takes his losses to make see how good he really is..

Agree, Taylor is a fighter who needs to pace himself.. Doing some B-hop/mayweather rounds once and awhile.. Only do enough to win the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tek My Pounches View Post
          Yeah, that nervousness is visible in his fights to, he really needs to be more relaxed.
          I really think the unnecessary arm shifting coupled with the nervousness is what might be ****ing up his stamina, because no top fighter should be gassing like that in all of his fights. He was even dead tired and gassed in the Hopkins fight, and Hopkins barley even pressed him.

Comment

it's funny that i find myself in the same position as you. i too was one who never was really big on taylor, and especially after fighting hopkins, i thought that taylor was given those fights and didnt' beat hopkins, and i was bitter at that, but more than that, i was bitter because after those fights he looked like crap and was still getting the breaks and was living off of his credit for winning against hopkins, which would coincide with his performances after fighting hopkins, basically declining or sliding off the top of his game, so to speak.
            now! though, i find myself feeling for taylor and liking him more. i think that he's shown a lot of heart and i find him to be more likable now that he's not on top, i think that when he was on top his supporters were unrealistic, and that was more of a reason why i didn't like taylor, but now, they're nowhere to be seen, which i find ironic, once he lost taylor was a man without a country, so to speak, and you have to give him credit because he's moving along as life moves along. i thought taylor last night proved to everyone that he has heart, i was one who said he didn't have the heart it took to deal with pressure and a hard night at the office, and he showed heart last night. there was a few occasions in the later rounds taylor could've given up and not fought back but he did, and he was trying to win the whole fight through, even when he felt it was slipping away.

jermain taylor earned my respect last night, and to be honest, i was rooting for him in the last stanza just because he was so close. i said before the fight is taylor can last the fight he would win, and i also said that if froch can handle taylors speed and power, he was going to win.

for me, taylors stock rose last night, even though he was ko'd, he fought like a champ. i think the best thing for taylor to do at this point in his career, is for him to find a different trainer, i think there are a few trainers that would suit taylor real nice like, i think that either floyd sr or roger mayweather would be good for taylor but i think with taylors jab, speed, and combination skills, he should hire nazim richardson. i think slickness and using more of his experience needs to be implemented in taylors game and richardson is really good at bringing those out in his fighters.....

if you've read any of my posts about taylor, you'll know this is a 180 degree turn around from where i used to stand on taylor, i wish him the best of luck, i think he's good for boxing, he is a class act, and put on a great performance last night. i would pay for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              I really think the unnecessary arm shifting coupled with the nervousness is what might be ****ing up his stamina, because no top fighter should be gassing like that in all of his fights. He was even dead tired and gassed in the Hopkins fight, and Hopkins barley even pressed him.
              Yes, against Hopkins he did the same ****. He didn't throw too much in the championship rounds until the last few seconds, then he would throw a burst of punches. Problem is Froch was getting closer with his right hands and getting through Taylor's defense. Hopkins got through too, but he didn't have the power or consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                it's funny that i find myself in the same position as you. i too was one who never was really big on taylor, and especially after fighting hopkins, i thought that taylor was given those fights and didnt' beat hopkins, and i was bitter at that, but more than that, i was bitter because after those fights he looked like crap and was still getting the breaks and was living off of his credit for winning against hopkins, which would coincide with his performances after fighting hopkins, basically declining or sliding off the top of his game, so to speak.
                now! though, i find myself feeling for taylor and liking him more. i think that he's shown a lot of heart and i find him to be more likable now that he's not on top, i think that when he was on top his supporters were unrealistic, and that was more of a reason why i didn't like taylor, but now, they're nowhere to be seen, which i find ironic, once he lost taylor was a man without a country, so to speak, and you have to give him credit because he's moving along as life moves along. i thought taylor last night proved to everyone that he has heart, i was one who said he didn't have the heart it took to deal with pressure and a hard night at the office, and he showed heart last night. there was a few occasions in the later rounds taylor could've given up and not fought back but he did, and he was trying to win the whole fight through, even when he felt it was slipping away.

jermain taylor earned my respect last night, and to be honest, i was rooting for him in the last stanza just because he was so close. i said before the fight is taylor can last the fight he would win, and i also said that if froch can handle taylors speed and power, he was going to win.

for me, taylors stock rose last night, even though he was ko'd, he fought like a champ. i think the best thing for taylor to do at this point in his career, is for him to find a different trainer, i think there are a few trainers that would suit taylor real nice like, i think that either floyd sr or roger mayweather would be good for taylor but i think with taylors jab, speed, and combination skills, he should hire nazim richardson. i think slickness and using more of his experience needs to be implemented in taylors game and richardson is really good at bringing those out in his fighters.....

if you've read any of my posts about taylor, you'll know this is a 180 degree turn around from where i used to stand on taylor, i wish him the best of luck, i think he's good for boxing, he is a class act, and put on a great performance last night. i would pay for a rematch.
                I honestly don't think Naazim would take Taylor in.

Comment

you're all gay

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                    you're all gay
                    I love you

Comment

Originally posted by Tek My Pounches View Post
                      Yes, against Hopkins he did the same ****. He didn't throw too much in the championship rounds until the last few seconds, then he would throw a burst of punches. Problem is Froch was getting closer with his right hands and getting through Taylor's defense. Hopkins got through too, but he didn't have the power or consistency.
                      I think its the end of the road for Taylor. As of now its crystal clear how to beat him. Fight with him carefully for the first few rounds, then crank it up as the fight goes on, snd then go all out in the last few rounds when he is gassed.

Comment

Working...
                      X