No announcement yet.

Loeffler: Jacobs vs Golovkin would be a BIG fight especially in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
    Look at what's going on in boxing, dummy.
    Anyone with an IQ over 80 should know this **** already.
    How is Jacobs or Lara or any of these other PBC guys going to fight on HBO? Explain your version of it.
    Last time Lara was on HBO was in 2012 and that was because TopRank won purse bids for the Vanes fight.
    The only other Haymon guy since then was Edwin Rodriguez for the Ward fight and E-Rod signed with Haymon shortly before the fight was made.
    Why wasn't Wilder vs Szpilka on HBO? Why isn't Garcia vs Guerrero on HBO?
    They can fight on EPIC for all I care. They're smart people and can figure it out. There have been much more complicated fights made in the history of boxing.

Here's an even better idea. How about Team GGG "attempts" to come to the table and find out?

Comment

if GGG beats canelo, the WBA will order GGG vs jacobs and he'll have to fight on a haymon platform for vacate his title.

Comment

Wait til Wednesday...

I have the impression that the Haymon/HBO politics aren't letting up anytime soon.

But then...

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          I have the impression that the Haymon/HBO politics aren't letting up anytime soon.

But then...

It's understandable if the WBA was waiting because GGG had an April mandatory. But now that he doesn't have a fight it's stupid for the WBA to defer to the WBC for a fight in September when they can have a big fight in April.

Comment

But then...

Chris Mannix is doing great work here.

I think this is a good sign.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the WBA is in no rush to order the Jacobs-GGG fight and step on on the WBC's shoes in Sept because they know Jacobs is a HUMONGOUS risk for an upset.

Think about it when you're reading the above text and look how reluctant they are to order the fight while using the rationale of "September's" fight when we're only in January.
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-24-2016, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              It's understandable if the WBA was waiting because GGG had an April mandatory. But now that he doesn't have a fight it's stupid for the WBA to defer to the WBC for a fight in September when they can have a big fight in April.
              It's because they know how much of a risk Jacobs is and don't want to step on Sulliman's toes for September.

If this was Omar Chavez we're talking about, the fight would've been signed sealed and delivered.

Just think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Chris Mannix is doing great work here.

I think this is a good sign.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the WBA is in no rush to order the Jacobs-GGG fight and step on on the WBC's shoes in Sept because they know Jacobs is a HUMONGOUS risk for an upset.

Think about it when you're reading the above text and look how reluctant they are to order the fight while using the rationale of "September's" fight when we're only in January.
                The WBA does sound very reluctant. I think they may order the fight to be immediate to Golovkin/Canelo (if Canelo does fight GGG), that way Golovkin/Jacobs is worth more money, likely ppv.

Comment

Does anybody actually think that the whole universe is conspiring in order to provide Golovkin with an unification fight in April?

Comment

The WBA does sound very reluctant. I think they may order the fight to be immediate to Golovkin/Canelo (if Canelo does fight GGG), that way Golovkin/Jacobs is worth more money, likely ppv.
                    Good point. That's another way to look at it.

So let me ask you this. Let's say the WBA orders the fight for April/May and it goes to purse bid and Haymon wins, but where the fight takes place (i.e. HBO/Showtimes) causes problems. The question is will GGG be stripped if Haymon/DiBella/HBO can't resolve the conflict?

Comment

Ggg should take whatever deal he can get , he needs a few big fights or he'll have to move up

Comment

Working...
                      X