Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you SubScribe To HBO, Showtime, or Both? Will You Switch or Drop HBO Soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    Oh, sorry, I didn't read after the asterisk. I will stick to HBO, they're more about broadcasting the fights I want to see. Showtime literally is trying to do what HBO used to be about - selling hype, and they just aren't as good at it. Showtime is actually pretty cringeworthy. I wish my boy LSC would escape and come do some business over at HBO.
    Selling hype? really? ShoBox The New Generation. Think about how many fighters you have never seen fight before have been put on Shotime boxing. I remember seeing Badou Jack getting walked to the ring by Mike Tyson in a great fight he had against Alexander Brand. I remember seeing Jonathan Romero for the first time. I remember seeing Jose Pedraza against the best cab driver I have ever seen in Gil Garcia. I remember seeing Jessie Vargas fight the fight that Lanardo Tyner wanted to fight but showed some toughness and grit to pull out the ugly but entertaing clash. Seeing Billy Lyell give Jonathan Gonzalez a go for his money. Seeing Tommy Oosthuizen and Marcus Johnson in a nice fight. Del Valle and Chris Martin that same night. I have seen far more no names on Shtime than HBO. And with HBO they shove fighters down your throat, like the guy from China, and the dude Salido just fought. I know they were great Olympians, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
      Selling hype? really? ShoBox The New Generation. Think about how many fighters you have never seen fight before have been put on Shotime boxing. I remember seeing Badou Jack getting walked to the ring by Mike Tyson in a great fight he had against Alexander Brand. I remember seeing Jonathan Romero for the first time. I remember seeing Jose Pedraza against the best cab driver I have ever seen in Gil Garcia. I remember seeing Jessie Vargas fight the fight that Lanardo Tyner wanted to fight but showed some toughness and grit to pull out the ugly but entertaing clash. Seeing Billy Lyell give Jonathan Gonzalez a go for his money. Seeing Tommy Oosthuizen and Marcus Johnson in a nice fight. Del Valle and Chris Martin that same night. I have seen far more no names on Shtime than HBO. And with HBO they shove fighters down your throat, like the guy from China, and the dude Salido just fought. I know they were great Olympians, but still.
      Shobox has turned into a TMT hype train... and they still barely get by. It's beyond laughable at this point.

Comment

In my country there are two sports channels which air HBO and Showtime cards respectively. Therefore, I don't have a dilemma. (My only problem are the early morning hours...)

Comment

Shobox has turned into a TMT hype train... and they still barely get by. It's beyond laughable at this point.
          Have the slightest idea how they have turned into a TMT hype machine. I can think of maybe 3 fight cards that TMT has put on since beginning of 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            In my country there are two sports channels which air HBO and Showtime cards respectively. Therefore, I don't have a dilemma. (My only problem are the early morning hours...)
            Im happy to have both (for boxing purposes), but Shotime has done a better job in my eyes since January 2012 when I got both.

Comment

I'm gonna do whatever haymon does...

He da truth doe

Comment

Have the slightest idea how they have turned into a TMT hype machine. I can think of maybe 3 fight cards that TMT has put on since beginning of 2013.
                When you put a whole team on multiple cards and give them easy setup fights(funny how they got KO'd tho) it does become a hype machine for them but funnily enough it isn't really working out because none of them are any good.

Comment

"Whatever network Floyd/Haymon is tied to is the one I'll say I'm gonna drop, only I'm not gonna drop it because showtime does have the better/more potentially exciting fighters(esp at 140-154) so I'll just post that showtime sucks because Haymon is running the show on showtime and it sounds cool."

-average nsb poster
                  Last edited by Xi_; 03-26-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

When you put a whole team on multiple cards and give them easy setup fights(funny how they got KO'd tho) it does become a hype machine for them but funnily enough it isn't really working out because none of them are any good.
                    When Dibella had Dulorme, Del Valle and pedraza on cards together (and on shotime) did you complain? What about the Olympians on a few cards? Shotime has put on plenty of cards of rising fighters, but i see you just would rather not have a certain group led by a certain fighter have fight cards. I see the agenda now.

Comment

When Dibella had Dulorme, Del Valle and pedraza on cards together (and on shotime) did you complain? What about the Olympians on a few cards? Shotime has put on plenty of cards of rising fighters, but i see you just would rather not have a certain group led by a certain fighter have fight cards. I see the agenda now.
                      Yeah I have an agenda - I don't like fighters getting a free ride when they have done nothing to deserve it. But with that said, I don't like Shobox at all. Can't stand wasting any time on blatant mismatch events of prospects. It's just a nice venue for promoters to earn some risk free cash.

Comment

Working...
                      X