Finished my degree last week...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my degree last week...

All done. Finito. :boobies::boobies:

I actually have to face real life now, any advice?

Do another degree so you don't have the monotonous 9-5, Mon-Fri routine of everyone else.

Do anything to avoid that.

Comment

**** real life, get on a plane and go travelling for a years working holiday. Apply for a another student loan to pay for the flights lol

Real life is over rated. going on a year long piss up with no responsibilities is very under rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Do another degree so you don't have the monotonous 9-5, Mon-Fri routine of everyone else.

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        **** real life, get on a plane and go travelling for a years working holiday. Apply for a another student loan to pay for the flights lol

Real life is over rated. going on a year long piss up with no responsibilities is very under rated.
        Exactly the advice i needed

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Exactly the advice i needed
          22? 4 year degree?

Become an officer for the Marine Corp, or any other branch.

Pride of leadership, get paid well - get respected. Great benefits, great paths for future careers. Get school for free, 20 years in, great pension. Or fck it, do 3-4 years and get out have Veteran Preference along with your degree [or masters that youll get for free] and command a great future.

Just an option i think you should maybe consider. look into it, if military doesnt interest you no problem. But trust me, it's def not a bad way togo. Sht go Air Force and never see combat and sit behind a desk all day.

edit: sht just saw your in UK. LOL, idk how things work there but hey. if you are in the US that's an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            22? 4 year degree?

Become an officer for the Marine Corp, or any other branch.

Pride of leadership, get paid well - get respected. Great benefits, great paths for future careers. Get school for free, 20 years in, great pension. Or fck it, do 3-4 years and get out have Veteran Preference along with your degree [or masters that youll get for free] and command a great future.

Just an option i think you should maybe consider. look into it, if military doesnt interest you no problem. But trust me, it's def not a bad way togo. Sht go Air Force and never see combat and sit behind a desk all day.

edit: sht just saw your in UK. LOL, idk how things work there but hey. if you are in the US that's an option.
            3 year degree, i took a year out to work for a year so i could afford to go...

But yeah military isnt a bad shout, reckon my girlfriend will want to keep me in her sights though... Short term i know gonna work for a few months over summer to save up and go for a Euro Trip with my friend. Last blow out before i really do need to knuckle down and start making some money!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              3 year degree, i took a year out to work for a year so i could afford to go...

But yeah military isnt a bad shout, reckon my girlfriend will want to keep me in her sights though... Short term i know gonna work for a few months over summer to save up and go for a Euro Trip with my friend. Last blow out before i really do need to knuckle down and start making some money!
              i hear that.

grats and good luck.

Comment

real life.

hope/pray for the best. expect the worst.
                lower your expectation..there are shitload of disappointments coming your way..you dont want to be suicidal after a couple o'years.

good luck !

Comment

Become a boxing promoter, the Bob Arum of the UK if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Lol, I felt that way last year.

I was in the exact same spot like you are now last year, I finished my degree and I did not feel ready for work at all, had no real direction or motivation. Decided to do an MSc in something that interested me and a job avenue I would like to pursue so I went for it, doing the exams now at a red brick uni and it is really hard. I can't wait to have a long ass break after this, worrying about when each assignment is due, worrying about revising for exams was something that didn't affect me much but this year has mentally drained me. Unless I see a great opportunity to get my foot in the door, I'll probably relax till about September (well...I still have a dissertation deadline 12,000 words due in September) and then job hunt.

Comment

Working...
                    X