No announcement yet.

Can Margarito stop Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
    who has shane fought that resembles the relentless attack, keep coming foward, im a try to break your ribs then bust your nose, hit me your hardest and i'll smile at you mentality that margarito does? If you watch the mayorga fight shane was wobbled in the first few rounds.
    He hasn't fought anyone as relentless as Marg. However, Tony won't be able to man handle Shane like he did with Cotto. Shane will be right in front of him not backing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpunch
      Margarito is just the kind of fighter who could stop Mosley. Grind him down and beat him up. I wasn't too impressed with the amount of punches Shane took against Mayorga.
      Mayorga was also like 10-15 pounds more then Mosley that night. But yeah, I guess the weight shouldn't be an excuse but still. I doubt margarito is going to balloon up as much as mayorga did.

Comment

Will he? Maybe. Can he? Hell yes, it ain't outta the question. I think he'll get a UD. SSM is tough as **** and almost never gets really hurt in fights, but he's never faced anybody as relentless as Marg.

Comment

Sugar Shane is going to stay with Marg the entire fight and not work the ropes like Cotto did. He's going to rely on his superior speed to jab his way in and work the body to collect points and get the decision.

Or Marg just pummels him for 12 rounds. Antonio's chin is rock solid, but Shane has a great one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
            He hasn't fought anyone as relentless as Marg. However, Tony won't be able to man handle Shane like he did with Cotto. Shane will be right in front of him not backing up.
            isn't cotto stronger than shane? and if Shan is going to be right in front of him isn't that good for margarito? the only way i see anyone beating margarito is by doing what pwill did in the first 5 or so rounds and in round 10 and 11 and thats try to get some slaps in and run, slap and run. It would look bad on the winner just look at pwill, the fight will always be known by margarito starting slowing and what he didn't do instead of what pwill did.

Comment

It's hard to say because Shane could take a punch very well, and I think he knows better than to let Margarito drive him into the ropes like he did against Cotto. If Shane could stay in the middle of the ring he could probably last, but I still see Margarito possibly pulling off with a UD win.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
                He will never stop mosley. Mosley is going to get the upset and beat the crap out of Margarito for 12 rounds and win a decision.

I'll only take bets if I win my current bets that is...
                Agreed. Mosley UD12 !

Comment

yea mosleys tough but margaritos pressure, body and volume punching can get to anyone.

Comment

I think Margarito could stop Mosley.

I wouldn't bet on it though. Mosley is real tough.

Comment

I favor Margarito to win in this fight but I do not see him stopping Mosley. Mosley is a tough SOB and one proud dude. I can not see Margarito making Shane give up, I guess it is possible because Shane is getting up there, but Shane has never been stopped so I doubt he would just give in. Also Shane is not an easy man to beat up he lacks certain boxing skills from an offensive prospective but he knows how to defend himself.

Could he sure I guess, but I find that an unlikely scenario

Comment

Working...
                      X