Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever killed a man?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She almost caught me moving Emilio! Good job wearing the pants in the family! And why did you go telling her I was selling you weed?...

Because somehow it seemed preferable to admitting that I cook crystal meth and killed a man.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I served as an army ranger for 6 years, doing multiple deployments to more than one nation during OIF/OEF. Take from that what you like, but no war vet who served will answer that question directly, it's actually disrespectful to even bring stuff like that up around vets.
      So.... yes?

Comment

Phonys are the worst. I think it's a felony tbh.

we used to joke and jive about death and dismemberment and crap while serving, amongst ourselves, but to do so around civilians is bad taste, and dishonorable. That aside, there are sensitive issues that can be present/dormant in someone who has taken a life before, some people enjoy it and/or don't give a crap, and some people have a very difficult time dealing with it as life goes on, if you are talking to a guy you care about as a friend, I wouldn't stir that pot if it can be avoided, you never know what someone might be going through.

They nullify and desensitize you in the military, the problem is not everyone remains desensitized after separation, and they don't always do the best job helping you assimilate during your exit process.

Also, in combat, you may not know if you killed someone or not. If my whole squad opened fire on someone and dropped them, you don't know whos rounds actually killed him. Snipers know with most certainty when they take a life, and it doesn't even always have to be a long distance shot. My buddy took a guys head off with a knife who didn't hear him coming as he was maneuvering to a position, bragged about it a bit around the company area, had me a bit jelly, won't lie.

Funny story about your boss tho
        I don't think I'd be too cut out for it.

Though like I've heard, you'd be surprised what you can do.

I once ran into a guy who said he was a special forces guy, on break, at a bar in a town I lived in in the US. He had the 100 meter stair, and nothing but crazy talk.

He was just telling me he was special forces, just got back from a warzone, taking a brake. Wouldn't let me leave him alone.

He got to talking to a Vietnam vet, who was a regular in the joint and lived in a place nearby. The Vietnam vet was a well known dude, he was a black man, and it went like basically, the guy said "I'm an army ranger, I just got back from Iraq." "Woo ee. I was in Vietnam, brother."

I was glad to leave that conversation.

The dude had a screw loose, and I thought he was about to stab me in the throat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          It was illegal for a time, but the SC threw out the Stolen Valor Act on the basis of the 1st Amendment.
          whats in the first amendment that the Stolen Valor Act contradicts? Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            I don't think I'd be too cut out for it.

Though like I've heard, you'd be surprised what you can do.

I once ran into a guy who said he was a special forces guy, on break, at a bar in a town I lived in in the US. He had the 100 meter stair, and nothing but crazy talk.

He was just telling me he was special forces, just got back from a warzone, taking a brake. Wouldn't let me leave him alone.

He got to talking to a Vietnam vet, who was a regular in the joint and lived in a place nearby. The Vietnam vet was a well known dude, he was a black man, and it went like basically, the guy said "I'm an army ranger, I just got back from Iraq." "Woo ee. I was in Vietnam, brother."

I was glad to leave that conversation.

The dude had a screw loose, and I thought he was about to stab me in the throat.
            lol.

If one stereotype rings true, is that we are drinkers.

I would probably walk away from that convo too, depending on the poon to prick ratio at the bar. Kinda depends on the mood and how the other person comes off. I like to give respect to other vets and exchange a friendly hello and when/where did you serve, sometimes, but eh. There definitely are crazy people out there, the good kind, and the bad kind. Most people are generally good dudes and don't mind sharing a story or answering a question here or there. People who are still in sometimes still have the whole "act hard everywhere and be stoic" mentality, but that wears off usually once you get out.

Vietnam was super crazy from the stories I hear.

I haven't been to the VA in a while (my company's medical plans > VA) but whenever I am around old timer vets I just have nothing but admiration and respect for those dudes, they went through harder training with worse equipment and were in more perilous combat scenarios, and received less support coming home. Makes my generation feel like a bunch of pansies haha.

my buddy who is a marine has this nazi blade with dried blood on it that his grandfather looted off of a kill in WWII. I woulda loved to hear his stories.

I am rambling now, but often I think of stuff like: man, as "bout dat life" as I was as a ranger, would I still be "bout dat life" if I was a soldier in ancient times, with spear, sword, dagger and arrow. Fighting in phalanxes.

That's a whole 'nother level of badassery there. Takes a different level of balls.

Comment

whats in the first amendment that the Stolen Valor Act contradicts? Serious question.
              No single rationale was agreed on. The Court ruled 6-3, fyi.

Here is more info:
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005

Here is the Wiki on the specific court case which resulted in the law being struck down:
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                No single rationale was agreed on. The Court ruled 6-3, fyi.

Here is more info:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005

Here is the Wiki on the specific court case which resulted in the law being struck down:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Alvarez
                Interesting stuff. Apparently they made another version of the law in 2013.

That guy spent 4 years in the pinta for lying about the medal of honor and getting disability benefits. what a numpty. People like that need to be slapped.

Comment

Working...
                X