Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of the things SRL was able to negotiate for against Hagler...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of the things SRL was able to negotiate for against Hagler...

The big gloves, the big ring, and the 12 round length, which one had the most impact on the fight? Which one hurt Hagler the most?
    The larger ring
    47.83%
    The larger gloves
    0.00%
    The 12 round length
    52.17%

12 rounds. Leonard looked just about spent after 12. Three more and I think Hagler would have caught up to him. Saying that if Hagler hadn't stupidly given Leonard a three round head start he might have won anyway.

Comment

Definitely the 12 rounds. Hagler fought a fifteen round fight, and it cost him.

The biggest mistake Hagler made was letting Leonard charm him. Don't get me started on this fight though, I'll believe to the day I die that Hagler was screwed. Leonard did better than expected and won the fight just because of that.

Comment

I'd say the ring size. That made it tougher for Hagler to cut off the ring.

Comment

I think its got to be the ring in a espn size ring hagler would have worked him since Leonard would have had no where to run.

Comment

For someone with such extensive inactivity like Leonard, the distance has to be the biggest factor.

Comment

th ring IMO

if it was a 20 ft ring hagler could have won more rounds conviciincingly and a 18ft ring he could have stopped leonard

but its close with the 12 round limit cause marvin always seemed to get a third wind in the 14th and 15th

Comment

First of all Hagler chose the 12 round distance. Perhaps it was all he figured he needed but it was his camp's call. In negotiations these things were debated and Hagler chose the new 12 round distance and in turn Leonards camp chose the ring size.

Hagler also went with the WBC's new 12 round title distance in his two previous bouts with Hearns and Mugabi. The WBA and IBF still had the 15 round limit.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  First of all Hagler chose the 12 round distance. Perhaps it was all he figured he needed but it was his camp's call. In negotiations these things were debated and Hagler chose the new 12 round distance and in turn Leonards camp chose the ring size.

Hagler also went with the WBC's new 12 round title distance in his two previous bouts with Hearns and Mugabi. The WBA and IBF still had the 15 round limit.
                  According to Four Kings Mike Trainer (Leonard's advisor) said if the fight was scheduled for 15 then there would be no fight.

Another mistake Hagler made was to object to English judge Harry Gibbs in favour of Jose Guerra, who scored the fight 118-110 to Leonard. Gibbs said he would have given it to Hagler.
                  Last edited by Kid McCoy; 10-24-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                    According to Four Kings Mike Trainer (Leonard's advisor) said if the fight was scheduled for 15 then there would be no fight.

Another mistake Hagler made was to object to English judge Harry Gibbs in favour of Jose Guerra, who scored the fight 118-110 to Leonard. Gibbs said he would have given it to Hagler.
                    I was going by what The Ring magazine said at the time the fight was signed but perhaps Leonard was clever to let Hagler think he was getting what he wanted when it was actually something they both wanted.

Comment

Working...
                    X