Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naw ortiz should be ranked ahead of mosley

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      if they were not the first time they were by the second.
      I agree but the first fight was considered for The Ring belt when Mayweather wasn't ranke

Not that I disagree with the exception. It's quite the opposite. I actually agree with the exception. They're just inconsistent with them.

If Shane is ranked at #2 next month, an exception needs to be made, agree?

Comment

Floyd is still lineal at 147 and theres no way manny vs. shane is for lineal or ring title. If manny wanted either, the best route would have been to fight berto.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I agree but the first fight was considered for The Ring belt when Mayweather wasn't ranke

Not that I disagree with the exception. It's quite the opposite. I actually agree with the exception. They're just inconsistent with them.

If Shane is ranked at #2 next month, an exception needs to be made, agree?
          Yes. Shane should never get to 2 though.
          Last edited by crold1; 04-18-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?sex=m&...n=Welterweight

Boxrec has Pacquiao #2, Mosley #3, with Floyd on his way out.

RING has Pac #1, Floyd #2, Berto #3, Shane #4... Floyd's out, Berto moves down. So unless Ortiz skyrockets up the rankings, it'll be Pacquiao 1, Shane 2.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Mayweather-Castillo wasn't for the Lineage but it was for The Ring belt.

After Floyd beat Castillo he was 'The Ring Champion'.

Well in that case, this should be the epitome of that rare case where the #1 Vs #3 is for the Lineage.

Shane hasn't won a fight in 2 years at WW. That shouldn't qualify for a fight for the Lineage no matter where he is ranked by default.
              You keep saying lineage but The Ring belt isn't necessarily lineage. You simply get it by beating the man who had it, or if the #1 fights the #2 (or 3) or if you unify all the belts. That's basically it. So if there is no champion and it's vacant it's not lineage.

Once you let go of that, I think you'll realize it's not as bad as it seems (again it all depends on where you rank Ortiz though and/or how far you drop berto down).
              Last edited by ИATAS; 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

PAC should be the ring champ and lineal if he beats Mosley. If PAC beat Mosley, he would have pretty much cleaned out the division already. He will have fought Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and send Floyd packing on vacation. Aside from Berto and Williams, those are the main player at welter.

Comment

ortiz would have to ranked ahead of mosley..he beat the #3 guy and shane hasnt won since 09

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    You keep saying lineage but The Ring belt isn't necessarily lineage. You simply get it by beating the man who had it, or if the #1 fights the #2 (or 3) or if you unify all the belts. That's basically it. So if there is no champion and it's vacant it's not lineage.

Once you let go of that, I think you'll realize it's not as bad as it seems (again it all depends on where you rank Ortiz though and/or how far you drop berto down).
                    But, The Ring title is their view of the Lineage, no?

The Ring isn't always Lineage but when they consider someone a Ring Champion they cosinder them the Lineal Champion. Which first and foremost it's just simply confusing, when tryign to seperate Lineal Champions.

It is as bad as it seems because a mass of people will be calling the winner of that fight the 'Lineal Champion' and If Pacqiauo does win it, which is a likely scenario, he will be known by an amount of people as a 5 division Lineal Champion. Which is just not right. Same goes for if Shane does pull off an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                      ortiz would have to ranked ahead of mosley..he beat the #3 guy and shane hasnt won since 09
                      If PAC was to beat one of these guy to be lineal....you cannot say Ortiz is the better choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X