Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Floyd Beat The Vernon Forrest that Shutout Roided Shane?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neolove1@comcas View Post
    This is a dumb ass thread. Mayorga beat the **** out of the viper and knocked him out in round three of one of two fights, and then mayorga gets KTFO by both mosley and delahoya. WHAT IS YOUR POINT? Get rid of this dumb ass thread! Lets not forget he got outboxed by feather fisted Mora. You guys are hilarious. Lol!
    what's wrong with this thread?

Anyone can get caught.

Styles make fights. How do you explain Floyd getting outboxed by a over-the-hill Castillo?

Comment

Forrests's long stiff jab would give floyd fits. He used that jab to set things up well against Mosley, and completely neutralised Mosleys speed, and in his prime mosley was faster than floyd

But we know how well Floyd adjusts.

But i doubt Floyd would have fought him
      Last edited by ts33; 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

You my friend, just made my point.

Comment

Styles make fights, and Forrest would be a bad matchup for Mayweather.

I would like to point out that all the fights i've seen Mosley lose, he was never really shut out until he fought Mayweather, I honestly think he held his own against Forrest, DLH, Wright, and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by neolove1@comcas View Post
            This is a dumb ass thread. Mayorga beat the **** out of the viper and knocked him out in round three of one of two fights, and then mayorga gets KTFO by both mosley and delahoya. WHAT IS YOUR POINT? Get rid of this dumb ass thread! Lets not forget he got outboxed by feather fisted Mora. You guys are hilarious. Lol!
            Tough fight that Floyd should win, but let me address a few issues. Floyd was troubled by DLH's jab during the first half of their fight, Forrest's is better. Floyd does not have Mayorga's power or willingness to take punishment in order to give it. Mora is a good boxer, Forrest was past his prime, but even so still managed to win the rematch.

Comment

prime forrest would beat floyd at 147, probably by KO. floyd at 130 was a p4p better fighter but at 147 hes no match for the viper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Anyone can get caught.

Styles make fights. How do you explain Floyd getting outboxed by a over-the-hill Castillo?
                How was Castillo over the hill?

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Anyone can get caught.

its hard to explain things that just happened in your head and not in real life, even if u think castillo beat floyd he didnt outbox him. and floyd fought the entire first fight with one arm after having a severe shoulder injury in training that had doctors telling him to pull out and get surgery.

Comment

It's possible that it would have been a toss up. It wasn't that he was past his prime with Mora, it's that Mora, by The Viper's own admission, that Mora's style and angles were awkward. Watch the interview. I remember it as if it were yesterday. The Viper was a damn good fighter I thought, and routed for him everytime, and had often said he "might" give Floyd problems. I think Floyd wins by split decision.

Comment

well never know. vernon was always bigger than floyd. if floyd jumped up to fight him when vernon was prime ... dam .... donno if he coulda beat him

Comment

Working...
                      X