No announcement yet.

running with ankle weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running with ankle weights

what do you guys think of this and is it a good idea to include ankle weights while running when ur competing as a amateur?

Originally posted by SpecialOne View Post
    what do you guys think of this and is it a good idea to include ankle weights while running when ur competing as a amateur?
    no

if anything, use a weight vest

Comment

how come?//////

Comment

i do............

Comment

I dont get why running with weights. you can just lift weights for your legs.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialOne View Post
            how come?//////
            1. Endurance and strength training - only for advanced users

No adult has a perfect posture. No gait is absolutely correctly balanced. Therefore any activity that involves the entire body weight landing with impact of the ground, like walking, running, aerobics etc. will aggravate the faults and imbalances in the ankle, knee, hip, spine and neck without adding any extra weight. And let's face it, most of you guys and gals so keen on getting fit already carry the extra weight on your bodies anyway. So: No weights for endurance and strength training unless you're a pro.

ankle weights will just alter your stability in a negative way while you run. weighed vests can hurt your knees too due to the impact, but at least some well cushioned shoes could help you with that

there's really no need for that anyway

Comment

^ Co-sign the fact that weights can hurt knees/aggravate other faults. Although I completely and utterly disagree with not weight training for endurance unless you're a pro. If you're under strict supervision from a coach and are at least an amateur fighter its great. For the purpose of being fit then definitely weights can be overkill.
              Last edited by {Pito}; 06-13-2010, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X