No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Out, Mosquera vs. Rivera Now in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Out, Mosquera vs. Rivera Now in Play

BoxingScene has been advised that Joan Guzman who was supposed to fight Vicente Mosquera tonight for the interim WBA Junior Welterweight title is now off the card after coming in 8 pounds over the contracted weight.

Mosquera’s advisor Anthony Gonzalez said they are trying to find a last minute replacement for Mosquera but the WBA title will no longer be available. Veteran Cosme Rivera appears to be the fighter who will get the call on extremely short notice.
    [Click Here To Read More]

8 pounds?! Well I guess I can't be so surprised, we're talking about Joan Guzman.

Comment

Damn that sucks for Mosquera but I'm glad this fighti isn't happening

Comment

What an effing loser!! Way to eff everything up for all parties involved!!!

He was the #3 Biggest Loser back in 2008. He might best himself this year...

http://www.badlefthook.com/2008/12/2...biggest-losers

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if the Florida Commission suspends him indefinitely........

Comment

Can somebody, anybody tell me what happened to those scheduled "pre-fight weigh-ins?" You know the ones that were supposed to take place 60, 30, and 15 days prior to the fight.

It's inexplicable, incomprehensible and certainly unacceptable that his trainer didn't know Joan was extremely overweight three weeks ago. If he's 8 pounds overweight at the weigh-in, what did he weight last week?

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
              Can somebody, anybody tell me what happened to those scheduled "pre-fight weigh-ins?" You know the ones that were supposed to take place 60, 30, and 15 days prior to the fight.

It's inexplicable, incomprehensible and certainly unacceptable that his trainer didn't know Joan was extremely overweight three weeks ago. If he's 8 pounds overweight at the weigh-in, what did he weight last week?
              I know the WBC does that for its title fights don't know if the WBA does that.

Comment

the entire card should have been scratched...there have been 4 bouts cancelled & Rivera ur basic trial horse...this is a Telemundo main event...no way I stay up 2 11:45 & watch this crap...terrible work by AllStar Boxing & as far as the fiasco @ the weighin , didn't seem like Fl Box Commish didn't do much either...

Comment

I keep seeing ads in the sidebar for aquinity sports which is managing Guzman career, how the hell do they let this **** happen, what's a joke and seeing this dude in the full body cast after his last fight was a joke because he was in deep **** and quit

Comment

Originally posted by shoog View Post
                    I keep seeing ads in the sidebar for aquinity sports which is managing Guzman career
                    Meanwhile, I keep seeing IBO sidebar ads of Guzman's papi...

Comment

Working...
                    X