Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Froch surpassed Calzaghe's achievements?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Froch surpassed Calzaghe's achievements?

personally i think he has

no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post

I think your avatar is amazing, I could watch that all day.

And to answer your question, I think Froch has taken more risks than Calzaghe and will always be remembered as a more exciting fighter.

Comment

No, definately not.

On one hand, people are saying that Bute was exposed as a bum with bad stamina/chin and that he'd only beaten bums. On the other hand, they're making the argument that the win made Froch ATG-material, lol.

Calzaghe P4P #3, unified champion, two division Ring champion, undefeated > Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
          Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          no doubt in my mind.
          Agreed. Froch > Calzaghe

Comment

Calzaghe has a long long list of wins against B level fighters. He has a win over a passed it Eubank ... a close decision against a Hopkins that while by no means shot or anything was still passed his best. Jones doesn't count. The best win on his record is probably kessler ... Lacy is hard enough to judge as he went to ***** after joe destroyed him.

The standard of fighters Froch has fought pi$$es all over the level calzaghe was fighting tbh

Comment

I think the losses Froch has hold him back a bit. Rematch Kessler and beat him. Fight a Dirrell and maybe try to capture a world title at Light Heavyweight. I'll agree with you when he does 2 of those 3 things. I gave you Green K for that GIF in your signature by the way.

Comment

Calzaghe and Bute have had similar careers, but Calzaghe never had the balls to step up like Bute did against Froch.

Based on resume, Froch > Cokezaghe.

Comment

I think he has, but he will never get the credit he deserves. Froch was badly mishandled earlier in his career where as Calzaghe was built into a superstar in the UK, i really hope this turns the Cobra into a household name cause nobody deserves it more

Comment

Froch has more depth in his resume, so in one sense you can say he has, but I feel Calzaghe possibly fought a better Kessler, fresher, undefeated and more confident, and beat him soundly. Calzaghe dominated the second half of the fight. Froch...well lost in a very close fight. I think that tells you a little something about their levels. Also when Calzaghe fought that version of Hopkins who was still p4p one of the best in world, it was a very close fight, Froch has fought IMO once at that type of level against Ward and was somewhat dominated.

So although Froch overall has beaten more world class fighters, he has not been as impressive at the very highest level. He is still going though.

Comment

Working...
                    X