Clear All

• How would of Mike Mccallum matched up against

Wilfredo Benitez at 154 Benitez takes this on split decison

Carlos Monzon 160 Monzon takes this on uni decison

Kirklind lang 154 Mccallum maybe late stoppage

Bobby czyz 175 not sure

Ricardo Mayorga 154 Mccallum 4th round stoppage

Who do you see these fights going?
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 04-28-2009, 02:48 PM.

my guy bobby would **** mccallum up, he would walk through the body snatcher

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
      my guy bobby would **** mccallum up, he would walk through the body snatcher
      If Virgil Hill was able to take Czyz to school, so could McCallum.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        to be honest hill is great fighter who is very underrated, he has one of the best jabs i have ever seen, he was also a better lightheavy than mccallum was. So dont get carried away because hill outboxed bobby, czyz against mccallum at lightheavy is a pick'em fight

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Not to mention Prince Charles Williams and... Dennis Andries. He also lost to Mustafa Hamsho at middleweight.

Czyz was tough but he never beat anybody in McCallum's class.

McCallum however was old by the time he fought as a light heavyweight and 20 lbs past his best weightclass which was 154 but he did look great for his age against Yonker, Harding and C. Jones.

Last edited by TheGreatA; 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
            to be honest hill is great fighter who is very underrated, he has one of the best jabs i have ever seen, he was also a better lightheavy than mccallum was. So dont get carried away because hill outboxed bobby, czyz against mccallum at lightheavy is a pick'em fight
            Who's getting carried away? I agree Hill was very underrated. But McCallum also had an excellent jab and was at his best with fighters who came to him, something Czyz would no doubt do. This may be a pick em fight I agree, but its not hard to envision McCallum outboxing Bobby based on how both performed through out their respectiove careers. do you disagree?

Comment

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
              Not to mention Prince Charles Williams and... Dennis Andries. He also lost to Mustafa Hamsho at middleweight.

Czyz was tough but he never beat anybody in McCallum's class.

McCallum however was old by the time he fought as a light heavyweight and 20 lbs past his best weightclass which was 154 but he did look great for his age against Yonker, Harding and C. Jones.

Its funny, the Harding fight is the first one to pop in my head when contemplating this match up.

At 175 this could be competitive. At 160 I think Mike stops him in 7. Jmo.

Comment

I think Mayorga would last a lot longer, he actually had a chin before thinking giving free shots to Tito was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  I think Mayorga would last a lot longer, he actually had a chin before thinking giving free shots to Tito was a good idea.
                  When he fought at 154 though he had already been ruined by Trinidad.

It was the body shots that really hurt him against Trinidad too.

Comment

A Benitez-McCallum fight would be very competitive if Benitez actually trained for the fight, if he didn't train for it, McCallum would have knocked him out. A trained and focused Benitez would have made it a very competitive and close fight, I think it would have been a close decision that could have gone either way, McCallum's size advantage could be the deciding factor though. Could have been a dull fight because of their styles.

A Monzon fight is very interesting, Monzon was a master at setting up the right hand behind the jab, McCallum was most vulnerable to right hands, but McCallum was the better inside fighter of the two. If Monzon can keep the fight at a distance and get his jab working and let the right hand go behind it, he wins. But if McCallum can use his slickness to neutralize the jab and right hand to get on the inside and work away at Monzon, he would have a chance at winning too.

McCallum would have caught Laing eventually, Laing's speed and reflexes could have given McCallum some problems early on but I think McCallum would have caught Laing and knocked him out.

He's beat Czyz and Mayorga pretty comfortably, especially Mayorga. Czyz would have been the tougher fight of the two but McCallum would have counterpunched and boxed his way to a victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X