Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There will be no "percieved" great fighters left in Britain if Joe Calzaghe loses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if Calzaghe was to lose and drop off the p4p the British boxing scene would still persevere. The press would just turn to guys like Haye and Froch and give them even more attention. It is the nature of the beast over there. They love their sport and they love their own.

Comment

Imagine Calzaghe and Hatton both lose in the same month

Comment

I dunno what we'll do. As an American, can you give us any advice on how you're currently coping with it??

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I dunno what we'll do. As an American, can you give us any advice on how you're currently coping with it??
          We are in a better position down here to help out I think. At the moment we just act like Vic Darchinyan isn't a tool and is a p4p fighter; morons pay $50 to see Mundine beat Argentinian cabbies and swallow promise after promise about his next fight being against a prime Marvin Hagler; Kostya Tszyu is making a come-back; Sakio Bika is not a disgrace; etc etc.

And yeah, we just keep trying to steal foreign fighters, actually worked pretty well in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
            I like Ricky Hatton, alot actually. But he isn't a top ten guy, and everyone knows that. If Joe loses, which is highly possible, much more than Vegas is giving it, IMO. What will British fans do? They are a passionate nation when it comes to boxing, yet they won't have one elite fighter. Atleast Lennox Lewis is still on HBO. He is by also the best announcer of the crew. Lennox was the man. It may be bleak for British boxing on a global scale.
            Just my opinion, but I dont think you need a top 10 guy to be a fan. Ricky hatton is way more interestign the Joe, and as long as he keeps fighting he will continue to be. If ricky can get a fight with ODLH it will be 10X bigger and more interesting to follow then Joe's outings against senior citizens Roy and Bhop.

Comment

Working...
            X