Collapse
No announcement yet.

The occupation in Oregon is a great example of White Privilege

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets not confuse the issue. The quality of the people involved is a strawman. Bundy is on record as saying some incredably ignorant rascist remarks...But actually lets look at the irony here: we have a guy on record (Bundy) who lives in a state where much of the money goes to federal programs for people who he knows nothing about...people he still thinks are basically slaves just off the boat who need guidance. What sticks out here is how ignorant this guy is and yet his state is probably more involved with federal issues than issues arising out of the provence!

IMO Government will always swing between extremes of state power and Federal power and this process demands checks and balances. With this said in present day America the federal government controls upwards of 80% of nevada land resources....It differs in some of the other Western states, but not by that much!

So when we look at money issues involving federal land the first question one must ask is do we want diversity or ****genaity? When I was growing up a Black kid from my hood in New York City spoke different, dressed different and acted different than a Black kid from Louisiana for example. Now? Many African American communities in places like Baltimore, Oakland, Chicago are virtually indistinguishable. This bothers me. I am using the AA community because it is an easy demographic to observe...many of these communities also get federal money in large amounts and one can only wonder if there is some desire to ****genize these communities...I would not put it past this government.

So right now, given this large federal land use, regardless of the Bundy's behavoir and their ilk...I think we need states to invest in the activities of their citizens. There is lot of poverty in the western grazing cultures of which the Bundy's are a part...a lot of this is because of horrendous fees charged to cattlemen. I can tell you from experience that in places like Louisiana where the herds are generally smaller, as a land owner what I did, which was the local custom, was to let ranchers graze to clear the land. In places like Nevada most of the resources, federally are used by the cities and one must ask if ranchers should pay higher and higher fees for land that was used freely, to subsidize las Vegas for example.

The issue gets complicated because it does allow for a certain provincial attitude, but there are states that are attractive to people who want to live like a cowboy and have cattle, its part of this country. America is a place where some want to live in a city and others want to live on a ranch and the federal government should not be allowed to create, artificially a situation where a pastime like cattle grazing is no longer available to people who live on land that was always used for that purpose.

I have always felt that with moderation and proper balance of power there is nothing wrong with some federal land...but wiping out ranching as a cultural pastime is far from the only stupid thing the burocrats and special interest groups have done. Los Angeles at one time had the best transportation of any city in America and this country because of special federal entitlement programs and special interests destroyed that system while building highways....the promise was that the car was ultimately a cheaper form of transport....and like with the ranchers we see now how people have been lied to!

The pendulum is too far to the federal government, states need more authority to dictate where money goes and it should be for activities characterizing the state, thats what makes this country great. Ranchers have, on the whole been wiped out because of fees that are too high and pay for entitlement programs in other state jurisdictions....this has little to do with the character of the Bundy's who are idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      Or is it because the technology in catching and spreading these types of news have gotten better? You know, especially how synchronized social media and smart phones are.

Question: What makes Obama a bad president? What are you criteria on judging presidency?
      Right. Now we can see groups of black people attacking white people for no reason on youtube whereas before the major media would (and still does) just ignore it and hardly anyone knows about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
        As commander-in-chief he's inherently responsible for social issues, especially for such a historically touchy subject as race relations in the United States, if he say nothing or projects himself on an issue before any facts are available as with the Travon case he is in fact responsible for causing racial divide !
        In other words, he should have said "Derr der der der derrr, racism is a myth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          In other words, he should have said "Derr der der der derrr, racism is a myth."
          Huge difference between perpetrating and sensible solutions to racism

Comment

• Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
            All this technology still needs taken in with some sensibility, like if that news is being presented before the facts are all in like it always is, we don't need a President just waiting to use his racially dividing comments and making relations worse, as president he should know better, and he does he just doesn't care, someone like Obama was raised and mentored toward believeing that Americas foundation is the problem, you know this is the perfect example of something futile, politics are just one of those things that can't sensibly be debated on both sides, this can go around and around me posting sht about Obama and you posting rays of sunshine shooting out of Obamas ass so I'm not wasting anymore of my breath, but as a finale note being an American gives me all the credentials I need to judge a presidency !
            You can't have it both ways. You do know Obama is raised by his white grandparents, right? You still have not state how Obama contributed to racial divide. Did he invented American slavery, the lynchings, Jim Crow? What the hell did he do? If he had a son with Michelle, would the son look like Justin Beiber or Trayvon Martin?

Obama's platform has always been on unity, to the chagrin of a lot blacks and whites. As derranged is pointing out, that seeing a black family take the highest office, most white racist couldn't contain their racism anymore. Also, many feel Obama signifies a post-racial era, so they supposedly, albeit foolishly, believe they can get away with racism, but not realizing unlike other times, there is now technology to show the world their evil deeds.

I, honestly, feel you and others like you are frustrated that you can no longer display your racism without threat of being caught, so you're taking out your frustration on the president on his blackness, because as the president he might be fair game.
            Last edited by megas30; 02-12-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I stand by original statement, racial tensions are worse because the Republicans who are racist (not ALL Republicans are racist) are pissed off that we have a black president and have had a harder time containing their racism. Add that plus the explosion of social media particularly in the past few years and viola... The fact that you're blaming Obama for racial tension and NOT the actual people who ARE racist is a perfect example of the ignorance of this country.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some off the deep end leftist liberal white apologist who thinks Obama can do no wrong. But claiming this is Obama's fault is fucking laughable.

"Republicans racist"" lmao you idiot,, wouldn't race wars be worse under that King racisit cracker george bush...

I clearly asked you how obama was a unifier.. You can't name me one example where he brought people together.....

Just shows that the smart educated people are the minority, and idiots that spout off like yourself are ruining the country....

How hard is it to back your claim that obama didn't divide the nation... All I'm asking for when did obama try and unite.., you have no answer,, just going to say, "but republicans racist, that's why we have racial divide" lmao GO KILL YOUSELF, YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO EVER BE PRODUCTIVE IN SOCIETY...

Literally, go kill yourself, your reasoning is republican's racist that's the cause, then how come the nation was much more peaceful under bush, then obama..

Prove that your not a complete idiot, and name when obama was a "Uniter"

Just name one time when he United races.. If your not a complete idiot, then it should be easy to name when obama was trying to unite

Name me a time, or stfu you stupid fU king idiot, your the reason why the country is in a hell hole... You are spouting off stuff you can't even back up..

So **** off, log off, kill yourself, Your parents must be embarrassed to call you a son.... If you aren't an idiot that should kill themselves, name when Obama was a uniting force... Name one time, one speech.... You dumb mother ****er
              Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 02-13-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• The term "racism" was invented by communists. Leon Trotsky was one of the first to use it. When whites engage in favoritism toward other whites (and therefore discrimination against non-whites), it’s called “racism”. When other groups engage in favoritism, it’s called “ethnic solidarity”. When you buy into these word games, it’s called being a useful idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  "Republicans racist"" lmao you idiot,, wouldn't race wars be worse under that King racisit cracker george bush...

I clearly asked you how obama was a unifier.. You can't name me one example where he brought people together.....

Just shows that the smart educated people are the minority, and idiots that spout off like yourself are ruining the country....

How hard is it to back your claim that obama didn't divide the nation... All I'm asking for when did obama try and unite.., you have no answer,, just going to say, "but republicans racist, that's why we have racial divide" lmao GO KILL YOUSELF, YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO EVER BE PRODUCTIVE IN SOCIETY...

Literally, go kill yourself, your reasoning is republican's racist that's the cause, then how come the nation was much more peaceful under bush, then obama..

Prove that your not a complete idiot, and name when obama was a "Uniter"

Just name one time when he United races.. If your not a complete idiot, then it should be easy to name when obama was trying to unite

Name me a time, or stfu you stupid fU king idiot, your the reason why the country is in a hell hole... You are spouting off stuff you can't even back up..

So **** off, log off, kill yourself, Your parents must be embarrassed to call you a son.... If you aren't an idiot that should kill themselves, name when Obama was a uniting force... Name one time, one speech.... You dumb mother ****er
                  Look at you throwing a tantrum like a woman. Go suck the farts out of Limbaugh's ass while Sean Hannity chokes you with the Confederate flag you over emotional pussy. You're fucking pathetic.

That said, I'm unaware of any speeches Obama has made to "unite" the races. That still does not explain how Obama is the cause of racial divide. You can't really back up what you're saying either but forget it now, I don't argue with children.

Comment

Look at you throwing a tantrum like a woman. Go suck the farts out of Limbaugh's ass while Sean Hannity chokes you with the Confederate flag you over emotional pussy. You're fucking pathetic.

That said, I'm unaware of any speeches Obama has made to "unite" the races. That still does not explain how Obama is the cause of racial divide. You can't really back up what you're saying either but forget it now, I don't argue with children.

Lol...

I was drunk as hell... Yes I did sound like a women, but I stand by what I said..

Obama time and time again divides and never unites..

"U didn't build this"
                    "Could have been my son"
                    Rev Jeremiah wright

Comment

Working...
                    X