No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs latest comeback...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Briggs latest comeback...

I have kept up with all the times briggs interrupted wladimir klitschko's training sessions, press conferences & dinners out. too bad he doesn't put as much energy into his fights as he does into training & mouthing off. 7 or 8 years ago if he could have shown up at 238lbs & in the shape he is now he may have done more damage in the division. he was always in the 260-270 lbs range. way too bulking & he couldn't get his punches off. he had no stamina but now at 42 it is too late. he feasted on a few cans & went 12 with zambano love. he was gassed after his initial minute flurry & all he did was follow him around for 12 rounds. he barely threw & even though love was just running briggs could have cut off the ring & put him away early. I don't know If he just wanted some rounds but there is no way zambano love should have gone 12 with him. whenever briggs did land you could see it hurt him. he would get his ass kicked by wlad & end up in the hospital again. if he wants a title shot he should try & fight a couple better fighters first. he is 42 so he needs to move fast. he might be able to land a shot if he were to beat a couple decent journeymen like derric rossy & kevin Johnson. he also should consider taking on a younger guy like andy ruiz or Charles martin. I doubt briggs will get in position but you never know...
    Last edited by joe strong; 08-24-2014, 10:50 AM.

I think he just wanted rounds.

Wlad is ducking Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      I have kept up with all the times briggs interrupted wladimir klitschko's training sessions, press conferences & dinners out. too bad he doesn't put as much energy into his fights as he does into training & mouthing off. 7 or 8 years ago if he could have shown up at 238lbs & in the shape he is now he may have done more damage in the division. he was always in the 260-270 lbs range. way too bulking & he couldn't get his punches off. he had no stamina but now at 42 it is too late. he feasted on a few cans & went 12 with zambano love. he was gassed after his initial minute flurry & all he did was follow him around for 12 rounds. he barely threw & even though love was just running briggs could have cut off the ring & put him away early. I don't know I he just wanted some rounds but there is no way zambano love should have gone 12 with him. whenever briggs did land you could see it hurt him. he would get his ass kicked by wlad & end up in the hospital again. if he wants a title shot he should try & fight a couple better fighters first. he is 42 so he needs to move fast. he might be able to land a shot if he were to beat a couple decent journeymen like derric rossy & kevin Johnson. he also should consider taking on a younger guy like andy ruiz or Charles martin. I doubt biggs will get in position but you never know...
      Didnt he just win a title last night?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Didnt he just win a title last night?
        he won the NABA title in june after he beat zumbano love. he beat another can last night. I think the NABA puts him in the WBA top 10-15. the NABA is affiliated with one of the world organizations.

Comment

he won the NABA title in june after he beat zumbano love. he beat another can last night. I think the NABA puts him in the WBA top 10-15. the NABA is affiliated with one of the world organizations.
          Iwas told it was also for the interim WBC Latino heavyweight title...whatever sense that makes. But then i checked Boxrec and sure enough...it was listed.

Comment

Iwas told it was also for the interim WBC Latino heavyweight title...whatever sense that makes. But then i checked Boxrec and sure enough...it was listed.
            lol! well that puts him in the top 10-15 in 2 world organizations...a big win over a top 10 guy n either could catapult him into a title shot....i'd say a voluntary by the WBC champion whoever that is following stiverne\wilder. you just never know...

Comment

This whole Shannon Briggs stalking saga has a real WWE ring to it. Would make one hell of a promo if he was ever successful into goading Wladimir into giving him the payday he so desperately seeks.

Comment

lol! well that puts him in the top 10-15 in 2 world organizations...a big win over a top 10 guy n either could catapult him into a title shot....i'd say a voluntary by the WBC champion whoever that is following stiverne\wilder. you just never know...
                I feel ya lol. Theyre trying. I think he is a sitting duck for Wilder first though.

Comment

I feel ya lol. Theyre trying. I think he is a sitting duck for Wilder first though.
                  yeah he is a sitting duck but he can take a good punch. if he actually could connect on wilder (that's a big if) it could be another liakhovich situation. cory phelps & Shannon briggs for the interim WBC latino title? didn't know either of them were of latino origin. maybe one of their cousin's sister's brother is latino...

Comment

yeah he is a sitting duck but he can take a good punch. if he actually could connect on wilder (that's a big if) it could be another liakhovich situation. cory phelps & Shannon briggs for the interim WBC latino title? didn't know either of them were of latino origin. maybe one of their cousin's sister's brother is latino...
                    :WORD::WORD: i know through me for a loop too.

Comment

Working...
                    X