No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cloud: I'll Make Hopkins Worry, I'll Make Him Adjust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    Why all the hate? Cloud is a good fighter but i cant take anyone serious who describes him as garbage. Stupid keyboard warriors. Get in the ring and do it better. Cloud didnt look that good in his last fights but i think hes capable of doing better. The biggest problem is his inactivity in the last years. A fighter like Cloud needs to fight 3 times a year. If he really is better prepared now with his new trainer i would not write him off in this fight. Hopkins is old as dirt and if Cloud puts much pressure on him i think he might be able to overpower him and wear him down. He has to put in much more effort as against Campillo thats for sure.
    I agree totally. Cloud is a methodical pressure fighter. Yes he looked bad against Campillo (I too think that he lost). But he simply fell in love with his power & forgot to cut the ring off & apply the correct pressure. He broke down Mak with impressive pressure fighting, cutting the ring off, constantly initiating the action.

I'm not saying Mak & B-Hop are on the same level, but man, Hop is pushing 50 & he could always be outworked in the latter part of his career. If Cloud gets rolling, it could get all bad for Hop, (& I'm a huge fan).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I agree totally. Cloud is a methodical pressure fighter. Yes he looked bad against Campillo (I too think that he lost). But he simply fell in love with his power & forgot to cut the ring off & apply the correct pressure. He broke down Mak with impressive pressure fighting, cutting the ring off, constantly initiating the action.

I'm not saying Mak & B-Hop are on the same level, but man, Hop is pushing 50 & he could always be outworked in the latter part of his career. If Cloud gets rolling, it could get all bad for Hop, (& I'm a huge fan).
      He wasn't cutting off the ring at all with Mack he was just following him around, he didn't even break him down, he just landed a hard shot that shattered Mack's glass chin.

He was getting outboxed by Mack who is simply not very good.

He looked horrible in that fight.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Sadly this fight is a mismatch. Even though one of the fighters involved is almost 50.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Tavoris Cloud isn’t a thinking man’s fighter in the ring, but is smart enough to recognize when change is necessary. That moment for the undefeated light heavyweight titlist came shortly after receiving a controversial decision win over Gabriel Campillo.

The fight took place last February, his last ring appearance to date. The past 12 months and change have been spent dealing with postponements and injuries. It’s not the best laid plan for a forthcoming March 9 title defense against former two-division king Bernard Hopkins, but Cloud (24-0, 19KO) believes fans will see the best available version.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Cloud will remain VERY dangerous for 12 rounds...that **** scares the **** outta me!!...another thing that got me shook is that B.Hop will be FAVORED!!...that scares me the MOST...no way should a damn near 50 yr old man be favored in a fight against somebody 20 yrs younger than him....not normal...then again, B.Hop aint the average old head

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            Why all the hate? Cloud is a good fighter but i cant take anyone serious who describes him as garbage. Stupid keyboard warriors. Get in the ring and do it better. Cloud didnt look that good in his last fights but i think hes capable of doing better. The biggest problem is his inactivity in the last years. A fighter like Cloud needs to fight 3 times a year. If he really is better prepared now with his new trainer i would not write him off in this fight. Hopkins is old as dirt and if Cloud puts much pressure on him i think he might be able to overpower him and wear him down. He has to put in much more effort as against Campillo thats for sure.
            good post!!!!

Comment

I think BHOP is gonna lose. Just because i took him on a bet.

But i think Cloud may pull this off. Hopkins will have to do what he does best. Make it rough and ugly!

Comment

What nobody is picking Cloud? I'm surprised. Should this be sign of respect for the old man, lack respect for Cloud, or both?

Or maybe a reverse strategy. You pick the ol' geezer till he losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  What nobody is picking Cloud? I'm surprised. Should this be sign of respect for the old man, lack respect for Cloud, or both?

Or maybe a reverse strategy. You pick the ol' geezer till he losses.
                  Until he loses? He lost his last fight.

Hopkins has proved time and time and time again, even at 50 years old, he's simply too good to lose to someone as limited as Cloud.

Only way he loses this fight is if he's finally lost it.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    Cloud will remain VERY dangerous for 12 rounds...that **** scares the **** outta me!!...another thing that got me shook is that B.Hop will be FAVORED!!...that scares me the MOST...no way should a damn near 50 yr old man be favored in a fight against somebody 20 yrs younger than him....not normal...then again, B.Hop aint the average old head
                    Cloud doesn't hit harder than Pascal and there is absolutely no way he lands on a consistent basis on Hopkins.

And he doesn't have nearly enough power to take him out with one punch.

So, you have nothing to be afraid of.

Comment

It's crazy B-Hop at age 47 or 48 still rated young fighters ain't that some S**** :lmao1: well that's how good the guys is the guy is the defenition of the Science.

Comment

Working...
                      X