Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Express your feelings on the current state of the sport of Boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
    How do you feel Boxing is doing right now and what are some things that can be done better. How is Boxing doing where you live and how do you feel it is doing globally?
    Thanks dude, you inspired a pretty cool to read assesment.

"Boxing needs to speedup and face up. The amateur Street fighting Sport is doing more which much much less by having more fights happening and more of the top brawlers are facing each other. Of course not for Pro money, but still keeping most of the attention of the "Other sports" average fan watching. Frequent Big fights will maybe drop a little on demand, but One Big fight a month would make IMO more money. Demand would have to challenge to keep up with the best fights. Promoters are bloodsuckers and without them I think the sport and those practice the sport will have the benefit of safety obtions after all they should make their own money if they can. While the Big shots attempt to create more demand for more money, who feeds the hard core Boxing fan? Who waits some times in vain to watch the fights WE want to see.
    Too much cats eating out of the same can.
    Allow the boxers to negotiate before getting to money negotiations, even that I defer with the current drug screening systems. It should be taken seriously and left to the private sector options to be agreed by the boxers and it has to be one to stay current new technology. The fights should be screened privately by a neutral outsource to assure fairness. Safety should increase to create a balance for the boxers. This is a hardcore Sport. Bottom line is that in Boxing while on steroid power can and will bring serious injuries and death. The Screening systems need to be updated for the new products out there. When such of money is in play, I think boxers should be DNA screed. The money is there and it will insure the lives of boxers.

But deep inside, everybody knows that Boxing is the ultimate Mano a Mano sport. Boxers are ones absorbing the liability and the consequences."
    Last edited by Pin Galarga; 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Boxing is full of **** right now. But I will be front and center at the Peterson vs Khan fight( in my city) and the Ward vs Froch fight(I still love boxing)

But boxing with all the dirt that goes on behind the scenes it just stinks right now. We all know boxing is a business but fighters should be paid according the competition they facing not based off the names fighting. example PBF vs Manny is worth them making 50+mill apiece. No way in the ****ing world should PBF be gauranteed 40mill to fight Ortiz. Makes no sense at all

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
        Boxing is full of **** right now. But I will be front and center at the Peterson vs Khan fight( in my city) and the Ward vs Froch fight(I still love boxing)

But boxing with all the dirt that goes on behind the scenes it just stinks right now. We all know boxing is a business but fighters should be paid according the competition they facing not based off the names fighting. example PBF vs Manny is worth them making 50+mill apiece. No way in the ****ing world should PBF be gauranteed 40mill to fight Ortiz. Makes no sense at all
        He wasnt guaranteed $40mil for Ortiz. He was guaranteed $20-25mil with the possibility to make in upwards of $40mil with the ppv revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          He wasnt guaranteed $40mil for Ortiz. He was guaranteed $20-25mil with the possibility to make in upwards of $40mil with the ppv revenue.
          Ok still that is too much for a fight of that caliber.

Comment

The biggest issue with boxing are it's "fans". The current crop of "fans" are fight fans...not boxing fans. The media get to tell these "fans" what is in and what is out, and that creates a warped sense of gauging talent in the sport of boxing. For example, true boxing fans watched the Donaire fight this weekend and took something away from it without any complaints. A fight fan came away disappointed because it didn't end in a knockout. That's why when I do choose to debate people on this site, I implore them to be fans of boxing and not boxers. If you do that, the sport will always hold a high level of interest to you.

Comment

HBO is one of the main gears inside the machine of boxing and it hasn't done a particularly good job at matchmaking for most of the year.

Last year, November and December brought the best high profile fights of the year. This will be a repeat of last year, weak matchmaking and fights for most of the year, but a strong finish. There are few, but even the fights that figure to be blowouts are going to be exciting.

I am looking forward to see if Hershman can avoid the trend of non-competitive, showcase fights for 75% of the year and be able to keep the quality of the content at a high level for the entire year.

Comment

Take a look at my sig and guess.

Comment

Working...
                X