The cork screw punch, Kid Mc Coy, Hooks and overhands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cork screw punch, Kid Mc Coy, Hooks and overhands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yyg6d6gJmjc

Ok the above video is by a young buisnessman who describes how to use kid mcoys corkscrew technique on several punches.

I have a few questions about it.

1) Should the cork screw motion on the jab and straight right be made as early as possible, at the very last moment or about midway through the punch/as you are throwing it? He recommends as early as possible but I find you get the most snap by doing at late as possible?

2) Is it true for the straight right hand its best to get the elbow up as high as possible as fast as possible since it catches more of the body's rotation? I have found this to be true, its more telegraphic but seems more powerful this way.? (I know some guys throw the jab and cross with a near vertical fist and dont raise the elbow at all and they claim its more powerful too)
    -
    2.5) Same question but for the hook punches should you rotate the fist and elbow up as soon as possible? (also it seems teh vertical fist hooks cant get the same amount of snap on them because you cant cork screw them?)
    Last edited by AlexKid; 12-09-2013, 08:36 AM.

3) There are two types of overhand right the 1st and most common is a right hook with a slip, it comes from about 2 oclock down to about 8 oclock this is not the punch im talking about. The 2nd overhand is very rare, it starts at 12 oclock and finishes at 6 oclock, it dosnt require a slip but it does require a sudden raising of the elbow as you rotate the hips to get the near vertical overhand motion. My question is regarding the rare 2nd punch, would it be better to get that elbow up real high with a cork screwing motion? So not only do you lift the elbow real high but you corkscrew it too?

Thanks guys!

Comment

please no expertboxing

it is not that it is not right, it is not even wrong

It is much easier to explain things from zero , than to correct expertboxing

Comment

Dont watch expert boxing videos

Comment

Why should we not watch expert videos ?

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
            please no expertboxing

it is not that it is not right, it is not even wrong

It is much easier to explain things from zero , than to correct expertboxing
            LOL

Please explain from zero NVSemin?

Especially regarding hooks?

Comment

Originally posted by ahantu View Post
              Why should we not watch expert videos ?
              He's a self proclaimed expert.

Comment

Originally posted by juof View Post
                dont watch expert boxing videos

Lol
                Last edited by AlexKid; 12-09-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  He's a self proclaimed expert.
                  Although the site is called "expert boxing", he never actually claims he is an expert. If you read his profile on the site, he says he only 1 bout and he lost it etc etc.

To be fair, some of his videos are very good. Some of them are way off track but none the less, will provoke thought.

Comment

Wait i was thinking of expertvillage boxing videos lol never seen thos dude before..

Comment

Working...
                    X