No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: New Nominees Are Worthy of Boxing Hall of Fame Calls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitzbitz View Post
    @soul_survivor ... There are more guys on the ballot... but as I mentioned in the piece, I was only going to judge and vote on the guys I'm familiar with. Guys of my era. Doesn't make so much sense to go yes or no on people whom I've not only not seen... but barely heard of. People who are older, or simply better researchers, can determine the fates of those guys. You can vote for as many as 10.
    and if everyone else votes like you then sadly Masao Obha will never make it to bad

Comment

Wifredo Vazquez I think is the only fighter that has won 3 WBA belts in three different weight classes. His KO loses will keep him out of the HOF

Comment

m 2 disappoints were Gushiken, fantastic fly wt, 7 Marcel, saw him years bk when I was in the army vs a very outclassed Arguello...as another guy correctly mentioned; why no Pone Kingpetch? Glad Gatti's not there, he doesn't even deserve a nomination...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          m 2 disappoints were Gushiken, fantastic fly wt, 7 Marcel, saw him years bk when I was in the army vs a very outclassed Arguello...as another guy correctly mentioned; why no Pone Kingpetch? Glad Gatti's not there, he doesn't even deserve a nomination...
          Gatti is not there because he's already been inducted into the HOF.

Kingpetch is on the Ballot.

Comment

ODH, tito, Naseem, and calzaghe for sure IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              lol Lyle, still with the Gatti stuff. I think we need to accept the HOF is not exclusively about record for if it was, as you point out, a lot of the guys wouldn't be there. Popularity, contribution to the sport and indeed "fame" also clearly carry weight and personally I think it's right they're recognised, they've inspired people and enhanced the sport.
              Well said.

Agree that new nominees are worthy - Golden Boy, Tito, and Joe C.

Comment

Lyle, you were "bombarded" with criticism last year not because you didn't want Gatti in the Hall of Fame....but because of the cheap and tasteless remarks you made about the circumstances of his death from what I remember.

As for this years candidates, certainly Trinidad, ODH and I've no problem with Calzaghe getting in.

I know there's a lot of criticism towards Hamed (a lot of it valid), but personally, I believe he should get in this year. His shortcomings have been talked about many times and I understand that, but unless you weren't paying attention from 1995-2001 or have fell victim to the revisionist history that has been heaped on Hamed's career since he left the game....then you can't deny the impact he had as far as excitement, worldwide crossover appeal and huge economic change he brought for the "little guys". As much as I enjoyed Barry Mcguigan's fights and career as a fan, I don't see how he is a Hall of Famer, but Naseem Hamed is not.

Comment

Still no nomination for John H.Stracey?

Comment

I don't see much hope if any for holdovers this year but 2015-16 will see at least 4 or 5 get in because Hector Camacho is the only lock first ballot coming up

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
                      I don't see much hope if any for holdovers this year but 2015-16 will see at least 4 or 5 get in because Hector Camacho is the only lock first ballot coming up
                      Only 3 get in per year in the modern class

Comment

Working...
                      X