Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Dawson out grew 168 SEVEN YEARS AGO. If by some miracle Dawson actually makes the weight he'll probable gas after 2 or 3 rounds. Ward is one of my favs(look below) but this fight is a complete farce.
    dirrell and bute are bigger than dawson. they come into camp heavier and they usually weigh more in the ring for a 168lb fight than dawson does for a 175lb fight.

dawson is almost never over 180lbs between fights, he usually comes into camp a few pounds over the limit, loses it easily and is on weight weeks in advance of the fight. he is usually the same weight in the ring as he was on the scales and can easily drop say another 2-3lbs for this fight then cut 4-5lbs with no problem to make 168. hell he could cut from 175, cutting 7lbs aint much at these weights.

dawson never outgrew 168, he always said he could go back whenever he wanted. he just moved up bcuz thats where he could get a title shot, he stayed bcuz he could get better fights at 175 and make his mark. now ward is the best fight so its the perfect time to drop back down, whupp his ass and let *****s know what time it is.

Comment

Why would Dawson ask for the fight at 168 if it would weaken him to make that weight? I am going to assume that after all these years as a fighter that Dawson knows his own body. I think he will be perfect at 168 and maybe a bit quicker with a little more stamina. I am picking Dawson to win but if Ward wins it will be because he is better in my opinion, not because Dawson was weight drained.

Comment

This is ridiculous.

People want to start making excuses for Dawson, yet he suggested the weight himself, sounding like annoying Pacstans trying to discredit this win.

Ward did not force or impose any weight restrictions, glove sizes or ring size. This is one of the best fight in years and people want to cry and moan and call this fight a "farce". Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          P4p the SMW division is one of the best in all of boxing, really quality fighters.
          It's not really, look at the Ring rankings:

2. Stieglitz
          4. Oosthuisen
          6. George Groves
          9. ERod
          10. Stevenson

There isn't much there to stick around for.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            But if Dawson wins, he would definitely have to be considered a top 5 pound for pound fighter.
            He'd be no 3, hard to see any lower

Comment

I think #2 behind Floyd. I honestly don't see Ward beating Chad though.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Why would Dawson ask for the fight at 168 if it would weaken him to make that weight? I am going to assume that after all these years as a fighter that Dawson knows his own body. I think he will be perfect at 168 and maybe a bit quicker with a little more stamina. I am picking Dawson to win but if Ward wins it will be because he is better in my opinion, not because Dawson was weight drained.
                Why would DLH ask for 147? More pertinent, why would Sergio offer 150 to Floyd and Pac, when this natural super welter won't drop to 154 for Kirkland and such

Comment

No. There is no way he gets over Floyd with this win IMO

Comment

He would remain #4 on my list. It would be a good win but people are making this fight bigger than it should be, remember Dawson got beat by Pascal.

Comment

He'd be no 2

Comment

Working...
                      X