• Show
Clear All

• More bouts added to UFC in Japan...

Frankie Edgar vs ben henderson lightweight title
    Anthony pettis vs joe lauzon
    Sexyama vs jake shields
    Kongo vs Mark Hunt
    Yushin Okami vs Tim Boetch

Damn good card. Edgar vs bendo isnt official but likely. Shogun vs rampage 2 is a good possibility. Rampage wants it. Only fight you really want for shogun at this oponga besides an obvious hendo rematch.

Looks good for Asian fighters too. Okami i think will finish Boetch late. Boetch is tough so for a round or two itll be interesting but i expect okami to choke out or pound out a tired Boetch late since Thats the kinda fight Okami is, slow starter strong finisher. Not that hes a good finisher but fights best late. Shields is a winnable fight at this point for akiyama. Sexyama has the judo to keep it standing hope he knocks him out. Pettis vs lauzon is just a SICK SICK fight. That could very well be a strong candidate for FOTY in early 2012. Hunt did well grappling with rothwell, kongos better since hes more athletic and faster then rothwell but i think hunt could stop him. Hes better then mitrione at this point. Edgar vs henderson be sick too! Edgars speed and boxing Should beat him in an exciting fight alot like pettis-bendo but bendo could definitely pulll out a sub if edgar leaves an opening. Looks to be a good night of fights!

Good card. Okami should win a decision. Sexyama should win as long as it's MW. I just can't see him being poorly taken down and submitted but it's possible. I'm surprised Kongo is on there but I think he could win. If he can't beat him up standing, I expect an easy ground n pound. Pettis should beat him, his tool box has more tools in there than Lauzon's.

Bendo should win this title. I don't see boxing being a deciding factor. Bendo's hands aren't the best. He's fought Cerrone and Varner, both of which are more acknowledged for their hands than Bendo is. While Varner may be on par boxing-wise with Edgar. Cerrone is more MT than boxing. I hope he fights smart not tough like he did against Pettis. Bendo should still win this one though; guillotine.

Praise God!

Comment

As it sits here looks like a good card from top to bottom i will be watching it not to picky on most of the winners in this card just wanna see Bendo take the title and JLO win not asking for to much..

Comment

wow, that's a stacked card imo, i'm pumped.

Comment

Nice card, even though Kongo kind of ruins it. Hope Mark Hunt smashes him, he should be able to.

Winnable fight for Okami. Can't see him losing to Boetsch, but I don't think it will come easy,

I think Sexyama loses, again.

Edgar-Henderson is a pick em fight. I like Edgar, but it would be awesome for Henderson to win the title. Hope he does.

I think Pettis walks through Lauzon early. Lauzon is good, but I think Pettis can do everything he can do, just better. Should be fun while it lasts though.

Comment

Incredible card.

Why they would bury this thing in Japan is beyond me?

Comment

Is there no one else that thinks that Frankie Edgar gets beat by Ben Henderson ? Henderson looks a a real handful

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                Incredible card.

Why they would bury this thing in Japan is beyond me?
                Too bad the Brits always get the free Spike TV cards.

Comment

Rampage just said from his Twitter he will not be apart of this card and the ufc is making a nog mistake. Was hoping hed slam shogun! But then that card would be waay to stacked thatd become a vegas card. I think its like the first río card in years they just wanna give em something great right away especially since the earthquake and tsunami has completely ****ed them. Theyll need something great to make em wanna spend their cash.

But the next río card is explosive but nothing seriously special like the british card. 1st british card in awhile they gave the uk rampage vs hendo. But then again brasil and japan offer more to MMA and the UFC then the UK. The best they have to offer is bisping, hardy, daley and pickett.

Comment

Well, at least they took the time to place Japan's biggest and/or successful UFC competitors on the card.

I wish Dana would freelance Shinya onto this card. But I know it's not how the UFC works.

Be fucking amazing to see Shinya rematch Melendez or fight Nate or something, in Japan. He'd throw that shit on his back and show out or go out.

I miss watching Shinya.

Comment

Working...
                    X