Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn's Greed..Khan vs Brook, Lets Crunch Some Numbers..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan wants $1million to face anyone else.

Wants £10million to face Brook

Says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      ]Where is the logic in this, please tell me?
      I think there is more "where is the logic in this" dilemma's is my issue. And one of them would be where is the logic in accepting a ****ty deal for Matchroom or Brook cuz a guy who's barely fought in the UK in the last several years thinks he deserves 8 digits vs a guy who's been growing his brand in the UK & is probably more popular in the UK than the $10M guy at this point. I think Hearn & Brook WERE doing Khan a favor by offering him 60/40 his way. That was more than reasonable.

I don't believe believe its a foregone conclusion Khan's gonna be talking about 80k watching his fight on the Sunday after this fight if this fight woulda happened or a record breaking UK PPV number. I think the title of this thread is mislabeled. Its Khan's greed (or ****ty math skills) that think he can go from $1M paydays to $10M paydays with a Chris Algieri W. And I just believe Khan has shown over & over & over he has expectations for his purses that are not based in reality in the bigger fights he's been in play for.

Part of me just suspects he's trying to cash out with any major fight he has cuz he knows he gots kinda a bs chin + it could be his last big payday if he gets blasted again + he's stated before he's looking to get out of the game around his current age. And hell man if he can get it fair play, I just think his demands are so unreasonable he won't get as much as he's asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Brook needs to let go of Eddie, i just don't see where Brook goes from here.

Hearn has promised him a big summer fighter, but the best we are likely to get is Chaves and no disrespect to Chaves but he is hardly a BIG Summer Fight name.

Maybe they will bring Guerrero over for another title shot...who knows.

Someone desperate enough will come over...i am betting its between Guerrero, Paulie and Algieri.
        Your considered a dumb poster and it's a dumb thread.....now get back in that teachers corner...stick some tape over your mouth and wear that pointed hat with a capital D on it which stands for dunce.....Khan ain't worth 10 digestive biscuits talk about 10 million buncerooneys .....ur barred from making any more ******ed threads lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Amir Khan is the bigger draw, fact. He is the bigger name who does the bigger numbers.
          Feel free to post numbers proving this anytime you want. Been asking for actual figures since this thread got made, hell I've been asking for these numbers from back when Floyd vs Amir was being talked about til Manny vs Amir was being talked about til now & all I've seen thus far is "Khan deserves $10M cuz he just does".

What were the ratings for Brook's last several fights vs Khan's last several fights (in the UK or in the US too, I don't care)? What were the gates for Brook's last several fights & what were Khan's for his last few UK fights? Show me something that says Khan is this huge star.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            You're still stuck in 2006. Khan is no longer a star or a big draw. Brook is the IBF champion, don't care how he got there, but he did and he's unbeaten.
            You can sprinkle some sugar over the truth if need be, i'm afraid you have to swallow the hard facts

Khan is a bigger star than Brook this is undeniable

Khan earnings are also bigger

He is also mando for the WBC title for which he will face Danny Garcia, which will be a ratings winner for PBC. His last fight was on Spike Tv and the viewership averaged at 1M and peaked at 1.12M, and was the highest in 8 years on that time slot on Spike and cable tv for a combat/boxing event.

Brook is only known in Sheffield, they had to put Jousha on the card to sell his fight outside of Shef .

He faked an injury because Wlad cancelled the Fury fight.

Look mate, it's not happening for Brook, yes he has a IBF title but what does that mean for him financially? What big names are coming over here...He's been champ nearly 2 years, who has he fought?

The title means absolutely nothing right now because only bums are challenging for it and nobody with a pulse wants to fight for it.

Like i said Brook should have taken a 70/30. his other option now could be to ditch Hearn and go work stateside with Al Haymon. There is no huge summer fight for Brook, i'm afraid Hearn can't deliver
            Last edited by FrankieBruno; 01-25-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X