Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want proof that Boxing is not popular in the USA anymore...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Sadly my friend went to the Box Fan Expo in Vegas for Maidana Mayweather fight weekend and he said it was dead, empty, he went to the UFC fight expo before and said it was jam packed with barely any room to walk, at the box fan expo he said it was so empty probably only 100 to 200 people total.

Pretty sad man its a good concept but there aren't enough boxing fans in America to even show interest in such an event.
    You can thank Floyd Mayweather cherry picken crying,avoiding fighters and Haymon crappy cards

Comment

i've really been getting into tennis lately more so than boxing.

tennis is far more superior and exciting than boxing.

Comment

mayweathers card hurt the sport that night

hopefully it doesnt happen again

Comment

maybe it's why unca' bob is marketing his product to a different continent.

Comment

Because UFC fans are mostly geeks like those comic fans or star wars fans.

Real men dont go to expos

Comment

Boxing still does the ratings.

But long term, boxing is probably eating away at its own customer base. Having boxing on premium channels inevitably has that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                MMA shat on boxing last night. That was a horrible PPV. I think your friends would rather be watching this

Than the Bey-Vazquez "fight"
                The Bey-Vazquez fight was a shit, yes, but neither I want to see that some guy smashes the other's head wih 2-3 hammer punches like some butcher...
                I undestand that why MMA is more exciting for the most of the people --> they are blood thirty and want as much violence as possible. Sorry I don't want to diss MMA but this is how I see. I prefer to watch a sport which is more tactical, more smart than a sport when brutality rules. I'm actually surprised a bit that these people on this board who yell "running"- every time when a techical fighter, with good movement win without getting into a brawl - follow boxing instead of MMA. And also the ground battle is boring for me that's an other reason why I don't watch MMA + the whole sport has a glaidator fight image they want to be as macho and tough as they can and as brutal as they can and that's not my business, not my style so I follow boxing.
                Last edited by HEND; 09-15-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

MMA fans are currently posting many "MMA is dying" threads and complaining about their sport.

Turns out Boxing fans are doing the same with their sport.

Comment

Working...
                  X