Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best pre-workout drink you've had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I can see from your picture, you're both in good shape.

Yeah man, I just started. I'm just trying to get the hang of this dieting thing. From what I understand, you can do 1,000 sit-ups/crunches/ab work out a day and never get that 6-pack if you don't burn that fat off. You can lift all the weight you want, but if you're not eating right, results will come in slow for you. I'm trying get my dieting together, because i've had a terrible diet for years and years. The thing is i'm lean anyway, I do not take nearly enough calories to see good results. I workout in my bedroom, I have a weight bench to bench press, curl bar, long bar, bunch of dumbbells, like 180lbs of weights to bench press[two 45lbs, two 25lbs, two 10s, four 5lbs. I've been working out for 3 weeks. So far i've noticed minimal results, but I do notice my bicep muscle being more noticeable and definitely getting rid of my puffy nipples. But I know I can see better results if I had a better diet. I do need some tips. I'm VERY active right now. I'm really trying to gain muscle.
    Yeah you can do a lot of things but if you don't have a strict diet, it won't do much. One thing you can do to help is on the weekend, BBQ/bake chicken fish or whatever in bulk. Make pre-made meals ready to go. So when it’s time to eat, it's already prepared and ready to go. This helps two ways, one you have a pre-thought out meal that is "healthy" and two it’s a lot easier to turn down "fast" food or something unhealthy when you already have a meal ready to go. I highly recommend doing this.

Also note that on the flip side, you should have one day out of the week where you can cheat. This helps to keep you motivated in eating right while looking forward to that cheat day. Get into a workout and diet routine. Normally takes your body at least 2 weeks before you are good and set on a routine.

Building mass takes time especially when you do it the right way/healthy way. Keep motivated and dedicated. Find workouts that interest you and keep it fresh. Don’t do the same thing over and over. Your body adjusts to it and you won’t see progress.

Comment

Are you referring to the two Roy pics?

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Yeah you can do a lot of things but if you don't have a strict diet, it won't do much. One thing you can do to help is on the weekend, BBQ/bake chicken fish or whatever in bulk. Make pre-made meals ready to go. So when it’s time to eat, it's already prepared and ready to go. This helps two ways, one you have a pre-thought out meal that is "healthy" and two it’s a lot easier to turn down "fast" food or something unhealthy when you already have a meal ready to go. I highly recommend doing this.

Also note that on the flip side, you should have one day out of the week where you can cheat. This helps to keep you motivated in eating right while looking forward to that cheat day. Get into a workout and diet routine. Normally takes your body at least 2 weeks before you are good and set on a routine.

Building mass takes time especially when you do it the right way/healthy way. Keep motivated and dedicated. Find workouts that interest you and keep it fresh. Don’t do the same thing over and over. Your body adjusts to it and you won’t see progress.

Didn't know that. Been doing the same workouts for 3 weeks.

Comment

So I can't keep doing curls, bench pressing, push ups? I have to do other workouts? Or do you mean just add more workouts?

Comment

Do pushups... but do different kinds on different days.

IE... Monday - Regular standard pushups, and wide pushups

Wed.. - Tricep pushups and DECLINE pushups

Fri - Diamon Pushups, Standing pushups - if you can.

Switch it up.

Example.... The girl that walks 3 miles every day.... versus the overweight woman who never walks.

They both get on a track, and walk one mile, the same speed, same lane...

Who got the better workout even though its the same workout?

Switch it up... always.

Comment

Didn't know that. Been doing the same workouts for 3 weeks.
              Yeah you should mix it up. If you don't get sore after lifting weights you are either not lifting enough or you need to do something different.

Your body is very smart and adapts. You need to confuse the hell out of it. Sometimes I do the typical Back, Bi's, chest and tries, shoulders and legs while other times I could do bi's and tri's the same day just to mix it up. Typically you wouldn’t do bi' and tri's on the same day. I do it just to mix it up.

Sometimes I will work each body part for that workout. One day just for legs, one day just for chest etc... Just mix it up. You can search the interest and find the right workouts for you. Just find several different ones. Like I mentioned, get a workout partner. It will keep you accountable and help you when you hit the heavy weights. If you’re not needing a spotter than you are not using heavy enough weights. Again a lot of unorganized random info but I hope it helps.

Comment

So I can't keep doing curls, bench pressing, push ups? I have to do other workouts? Or do you mean just add more workouts?
                Like Reed who answered perfectly stated. Mix it up.

You can do curls, but instead of using let’s say a barbell, use a flat bar with or without weights or a if assessable a cable machine. Do negative curls, this is where a spotter comes in handy. Lots and lots of options so don’t keep doing the same things over and over.

Comment

Jack3d took out the 1,3 dimethyl so it isn't as lethal as it was before... I never had it yet but I know that they recently took it out

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    Jack3d took out the 1,3 dimethyl so it isn't as lethal as it was before... I never had it yet but I know that they recently took it out
                    Yeah the FDA banned it (DMAA/Geranium) earlier this year I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      I just bought Jack3d last week at Vitamin Shoppe and it still has 1,3D in it.

Jack3d micro on the other hand doesn't have it.

The best PWO I've had was Cryoshock by Neogenix. Which is not made anymore.

The original Ultimate Orange was good too. The new formula blows.

I use Jack3d now, and it's pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                      X