Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the so called 3rd Main Attraction in Boxing fighting on Reg HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey All,

I had to chime in on this. Being the third PPV draw and taking a regular PPV fight is a brilliant strategy. People fail to realize that Cotto is a free agent and will be receiving more money from the actual promotion and the exposure. Cotto is hedging his bets for the future by doing the following:

-Throwing a co-promoted show that will include his stable of fighters(his future after boxing)
    -Taking a smaller guarantee, but still making a lot of money for a prize fight.
    -Raking in a larger share of money from the gate.( THe old Adage, you might take in less money, but you are an owner and have a higher stake.
    -He is also coming off a legit loss, not like the one pac had, so he is building himself up again for a mega fight with any of the big names that are fighting in November/December. which in turn will make him even more money.

People do not realize how rare making 20 million or 40 million is in any sport is, let alone boxing.

Comment

Comment

Come on man, some of the logic on this is outrageous.

Talking about the Chavez fights...those were on PPV cause no network would buy them not cause Chavez was such a big draw.

Oscar fought Forbes on regular HBO. Cotto is aware that this is not a PPV fight and therefore it is not on PPV. I don't see how that makes him less of a draw.

He's the 3rd biggest draw in the US...but he's a distant 3rd make no mistake.

Comment

this is good that his on hbo, i remember oscar fought gatti on hbo

Comment

This thread is ******ed and just a game of semantics. Cotto is obviously the 3rd biggest draw in America. The Klitschkos make more over in Germany but this is an english website so 99% of the people here are from North/South America and the UK. So instead of saying hes the 3rd biggest draw in america every time it is just fine to say he is the 3rd biggest draw. If you havent noticed, Klitschko fights arent even aired over here anymore.

Comment

Pendejos y mas pendejos..

My goodness it never stops..it only gets worse!..

"Wahhh!!! I gotta watch free Boxing!!"

DLH fought Steve Forbes for free on HBO..did you cry when he did that too?..

I can sometimes understand "trolling" or trying to get a laugh out of some logic, but this goes beyond idiocy..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                Pendejos y mas pendejos..

My goodness it never stops..it only gets worse!..

"Wahhh!!! I gotta watch free Boxing!!"

DLH fought Steve Forbes for free on HBO..did you cry when he did that too?..

I can sometimes understand "trolling" or trying to get a laugh out of some logic, but this goes beyond idiocy..
                We all know the Ts intentions it's to downplay cotto and talk down puerto rican boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                  We all know the Ts intentions it's to downplay cotto and talk down puerto rican boxers.

Obviously, but atleast be somewhat witty and funny with it, that was plain as shlt dumb...

Comment

Originally posted by ElChicano View Post
                    Pac/Floyd can fight bums and still be on PPV. Why not the so called 3rd biggest draw in boxing? According to his fanatics, he has sooo much star power he can sell anything on PPV. I don't get it.

Here it comes.......I'm a hater. Yet I have said this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      In the North American market, he is the third biggest draw.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't fight on regular HBO though. I'm very glad that he is.
                      That's debatable. Marquez is barely a few inches behind him.

Comment

Working...
                      X